Roller Benders
I started this Roller Bender in 1998. The design is from the book 'The Model Engineers Workshop Manual' by Geo.H. Thomas.
I changed the design slightly (as I always seem to do Chin) just to make it easier and quicker for me to make. I certainly could not improve the design. Happyno

As you can see the top roller comes off so I can get the rings.

I had to make some copper and brass rings ranging from 1.5" to 3" diameter. The material brass and copper was approx. 1/2" wide and up to 1/8" thick.

This is a copper ring made.

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I made hundreds of these rings and the material always came with the order, he tended to be very possessive about the material which gave me very little room for error.
I'm not too sure where the rings were used, I do know that they were Silver Soldered or brazed.
He never told me where or how they were used and I didn't ask.

Few more pics

All the bearings are phosphor bronze

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Nice job Dave!

I like the idea of the smaller control roller to help carry the radius closer to the edge of the part. I've used rollers before where the first inch on the part was pretty much flat. Nice attention to detail as well. It looks like you made pretty much everything but the socket head cap screws.

That purple paint job is pretty snazzy as well! Thumbsup

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Very nice Dave
Looks a quality item DroolDrool
John
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom,
Thanks John,

No idea why I painted it the colour I did - must have been a left over from my hippy days Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave,

Nice! Add some pins stripes to that thing and it would look even sexier. Big Grin

Very well made and nice pictures. Thanks for posting them. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
Very nice Dave, slightly more refined than mine. Mine leaves about 2 inches flat at the ends but will roll 1/2 inch plate. Here its bending 5/16 plate 12 inches wide.

[Image: IMGP1255.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Bluddy marvelous Dave. Smiley-eatdrink004

You've been holding out on us again.... Smiley-nono

What other masterpieces have you made that you haven't told us about? Chin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Beautiful work Dave!

f350ca, yours is interesting, I imagine that rolling 1/2" steel needs lots of power. How is that big one driven? Why does it leave flats at each end? I would think that most applications would require a full radius.
Thanks given by:
Wow Dave! WorthySmiley-signs107

That's amazing! I,m with Willie what other treasurers have you been keeping from us? DroolDrool

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: