CNC Plasma Table
What a fantastic project! Really glad I found this thread. I had thought the plasma cutter you used was a store bought unit, but making the rack, pinions, rollers, toothed belt pulleys, etc. was just the opposite. And it cut really nicely. A really top project, to me!
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2014, 02:23 PM)vtsteam Wrote: What a fantastic project! Really glad I found this thread. I had thought the plasma cutter you used was a store bought unit, but making the rack, pinions, rollers, toothed belt pulleys, etc. was just the opposite. And it cut really nicely. A really top project, to me!

Thanks, it sure is a time saver now, but will need to use it a lot to make up the time spent building it.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Something tells me you will......
Thanks given by:
Dam fine build Greg ,very interesting read also  showing some top class thinking and machining , not sure about the colour though  Big Grin

Rob 
Thanks given by:
Thanks Rob, was a fun build, another one of my projects that got into making parts anyone with any sense would buy. You don't like my John Deere green paint job, it brightens up the shop.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Hi Greg 

I thought it was that very shade of agricultural paint, will your Mule be the same colour   Big Grin .  Nothing wrong with making your own parts ,at the end of the day  its all machine time .

Got me thinking though , it would be nice to have a CNC plasma table  Chin  , i have a few linear rails sitting doing nowt .  

Rob 
Thanks given by:
Now that you have that new plasma there's no reason not to. If nothing else there's the entertainment value watching the torch rip around the table cutting some odd shaped part.
Greg
Thanks given by: