Gerard's Shaper Design
I got permission from Gerard to post these pictures of his shaper design.

Enjoy! Smile

Ed

Thanks given by: aametalmaster
Alotta nice machining has gone into that!
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
That really does look good ThumbsupWorthy
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(10-24-2012, 01:36 PM)stevec Wrote: Alotta nice machining has gone into that!

Yes, he's a real craftsman.

The plans will be available from Gerard once he has the design done and tested. He's using Google SketchUp to draw it up and then he's passing his drawings on to me and I'm drawing it up in Solid Edge 2D. Once we are done with the drawings, they will be available in DWG, DXF, native Solid Edge, and likely PDF versions, in both imperial and metric. It's a hell of a lot more work than I expected. Sweat

Here's a link to Gerard's web site.

http://home.scarlet.be/mini-draaien-frez...ct-11.html

Ed
Thanks given by:
Beautiful workmanship, Very impressive.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
My only reaction to that is WOW!!! Incredible workmanship.
Before I found the Logan I had aspirations of building one but it never would have looked like that.
WOW
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(10-24-2012, 07:03 PM)f350ca Wrote: My only reaction to that is WOW!!! Incredible workmanship.
Before I found the Logan I had aspirations of building one but it never would have looked like that.
WOW

Greg,

I agree. It's amazing the craftsmanship Gerard has put into designing this shaper. It would be one hell of a cool project, if not expensive, but it may be the only way I can own a shaper. I could build it a piece at a time.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Gives me inspiration to consider the repair/replacement of some of the broken parts of my 7" Shape-Rite.
Once I get a few priorities out of the way.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Hello Guys

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Rotfl
I initially started with making Gingery shaper but the casting of aluminum parts was a disaster. So I started making a shaper in steel (mostly scrap material). When I've finished this machine I will put all my drawings (metric) and the drawings that Ed has made in inches on my website. Here I will also describe how certain parts can be made with simple tools.

Enjoy your hobby Smiley-eatdrink004
Gerard
Thanks given by: aametalmaster , Mayhem , EdK
Thank you Gerard Worthy
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: