Indexable insert face mills and shoulder mills
(11-07-2012, 06:34 AM)EdK Wrote: ...Good grief Darren. You're starting to talk like Ken now, and that's a good thing...

Ed it is a long an informative drive from NYC to Central MA and back but I haven't got the funny accent quite yet Big Grin In fact, Ken and I have had numerous email exchanges regarding this topic and whilst I'm starting to feel comfortable with some of the nomenclature, I'm a long way from being knowledgeable. I have taken notes and downloaded a lot of product catalogs, which is a big help. I figure if Ken is going to go to the trouble of sharing his knowledge, I'm going to go to the trouble of trying to learn it.

(11-07-2012, 06:47 AM)PixMan Wrote: ...Come on now, we all now there's always going to be far more applications of HSS tooling in home shops than not. Carbide insert tooling is just another tool that some people find benefit is using. Some others find expensive scrap carbide.

I agree and I still use HSS when I want/need to on my lathe and certainly will be using HSS end mills when I get my mill up and running. However, where possible, I'd like to spend my time using my lathe as opposed to sharpening tools.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indexable insert face mills and shoulder mills - by Mayhem - 11-07-2012, 07:06 AM