Drill press Tapper
hi and a job well dun Thumbsup
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Thank-you Jack.

Steve -- Give us a hint as to how we could help you out of the slump you are in.

"Billy G" Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2012, 03:37 PM)f350ca Wrote: Jack
Could you give a little more feedback on your Grizzly tapper. The price is sure good. Always wanted one but not bad enough to justify the normal cost.

It works great, is it a smooth as a Tapmatic or the Jet JDP 20EVS-230drill press with the built in tapping head, I have in the shop, no, but for the price its a bargain. Its solid and well made and functions as required. I use it when I have to tap holes 3/8" and below (in the smaller DPs), I use the Jet for the bigger taps.
jack
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2012, 06:27 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: Steve -- Give us a hint as to how we could help you out of the slump you are in.
"Billy G" Thumbsup
Slump? I think it's just the slippery part of the downhill slope Rotfl
Maybe if someone could find me new castings for my broken shaper?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2012, 03:29 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: Pic #1 mounted in drill press. Pic #2 handle to right is up and tapper is down. Pic #3 my big mitt turning the tapper. Pic#4 shows the tapper bottomed out on the large disk at the left. Tapping a 7/16-14 thread in this sequence.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Great design. If you don't mind I will have to make one like this.

Ed
Thanks given by: