Log holder for a chain saw
Just noticed,, the company that bent the frame for that wheelbarrow had a unique design, never saw one bent like that, (must have been previously an Auto Exhaust Guy!) Lol
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2012, 09:38 PM)sasquatch Wrote: Just noticed,, the company that bent the frame for that wheelbarrow had a unique design, never saw one bent like that, (must have been previously an Auto Exhaust Guy!) Lol
Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

The wheelbarrow is one of these http://www.lasher.co.za/show_products.ph...nstruction
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
More or less finished - need some plastic end caps, the holding chain needs to be shortened. Also the two chains at the bottom of the legs (stopping the legs from coming too far apart) need to be set.

Holds multiple lengths of timber

Real use is in holding awkward pieces

And finished folds flat (well nearly) for easy storage Smiley-dancenana

That's it - the question is now - to paint or not to paint? Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Nice design Dave. I like the fact that it folds up for storage. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
I like the foldability too!
I use a logging arch I built. Initially it's purpose was just transporting logs but I devised a "table" from a large plank and a 4x4 cross piece that is removeable from the arch legs. The "table" also attaches to the sloped member of the arch with a quick release pin.
In this instance I was removing an Oak from the front lawn. The wall to the driveway is convenient height .

Here's the log around back ready for cutting.

I do have to be careful with the chainsaw around the steel channel etc., here's a pick of some of the log already junked up.

I appreciate being able to junk up the wood at a comfortable standing height
This business of bending over to cut up several 8' lengths of tree is hard on my back.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Nice tool Steve. Being able to tow it with the lawn tractor is a nice feature.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Here we are finished, given a couple of coats of rattle can acid etch paint.

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: