Yet another thought experiment ...
(11-13-2012, 06:42 PM)doubleboost Wrote: http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-strut.../gsv10-400#

Thanks for the link. The good news is that they are adjustable to allow gas out. The bad news is that once the nitrogen is out it can not be put back in.

My though with the cylinder is that I have a regulator on it. When the ball screw moves the table up the regulator will provide additional air at the same pressure to fill the volume evacuated as the piston moves up. When the ball screw moves the table down the regulator will bleed the pressure off ... it is a .2% precision regulator ... and allow the piston to move down in the cylinder the appropriate amount.

The additional advantage of the regulator is that I can fine tune the assist based on the real world weights ... like I have no clue as to what the knee and table really weight now, how much they will weight after they have been CNC's with servo's and such, I can add a little pressure when I put the 90 lb rotary table on it or one or two vices or who knows what that I actually might want to machine and lower the pressure when I am milling air.

But again I admit to not knowing exactly what I am doing.

Arvid
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Yet another thought experiment ... - by arvidj - 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM
RE: Yet another thought experiment ... - by arvidj - 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: Yet another thought experiment ... - by 4R8 - 11-13-2012, 08:03 PM
RE: Yet another thought experiment ... - by TomG - 11-14-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: Yet another thought experiment ... - by DaveH - 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM
RE: Yet another thought experiment ... - by DaveH - 11-14-2012, 07:57 PM