Drill Press Adapter Plate
While I'm talking about the milling machine table adapter plates, I guess I should show the basis for them. About 40+ years ago, I broke my left wrist in a minor drill press accident, since then, I've wary of drill presses. So I end up making a drill press adapter plate, a 1/2" thick plate, with slots and threaded holes to secure the drill press vise to the table. The plate makes possible to lock down the vise about anywhere on the drill press table, quickly and securely.

Attached Files
.jpg   drill press 001x.jpg (Size: 48.18 KB / Downloads: 150)
.jpg   drill press 002x.jpg (Size: 48.95 KB / Downloads: 150)
.jpg   drill press 006x.jpg (Size: 45.35 KB / Downloads: 152)
jack
Thanks given by:
Do you actually snug the bolt before each hole or leave them loose. Leaving them loose, they'd still make the operation safe without adding 5 mins setup to hole.
Thanks given by:
Nice idea, i like that.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Good idea
It will certainly speed things up
I have a nasty habitt of just holding things by hand in the drill press
John
Thanks given by:
An alterternative to the hex nuts might be some low-profile quick-lock handles. Here's a page from McMaster Carr with some ideas. It could make a great idea even easier to use.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#control-handles/=k7iqdy
Thanks given by:
I like the contemporary style with stud. Of course you might have to change the curtains to match. Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Colour matching Handles?? Geez, what next?
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Everyone should be wary of the drill press. I consider them to be one of the most dangerous machines in the shop. They seem so innocent and non-threatening until the minute you let your guard down...

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Smiley-signs064
Thanks given by:
Very true Tom
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: