DIN 6388 Style Collets
I just order a metric set of the DIN 6388 style collets for the shop. From what I can decipher from the shipping information, they are coming from Spain. I also ordered metric end mills in both HSS and carbide, they are coming from an industrial supplier in Puerto Rico, a friend and ex-college dorm mate is their VP in charge of sales.

http://www.technixltd.com/prod2010/c/C25.pdf
jack
Thanks given by:
Interesting. They have what they call tap collets. I've never seen these before. Chin

http://www.technixltd.com/prod2010/c/C08.pdf

Ed
Thanks given by:
Very observant Ed, I've not seen those before either. Clever idea.
Arbalest, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 01:15 PM)EdK Wrote: Interesting. They have what they call tap collets. I've never seen these before. Chin
Ed
Nor have I, looks like a pretty precise/positive way to tap.
Just one question, the pic of the collet with tap looks like the shank isn't supported is it only the square of the tap that is held?
Are these only for use with CNC compatible taps?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 04:47 PM)stevec Wrote:
(01-03-2013, 01:15 PM)EdK Wrote: Interesting. They have what they call tap collets. I've never seen these before. Chin
Ed
Nor have I, looks like a pretty precise/positive way to tap.
Just one question, the pic of the collet with tap looks like the shank isn't supported is it only the square of the tap that is held?
Are these only for use with CNC compatible taps?

I suspect the tap shown in the catalog is one of those that has a larger shank than the tap size.

Ed

.jpg   6493008-11.jpg (Size: 7.99 KB / Downloads: 93) vs
.png   26955ap1l.png (Size: 7.73 KB / Downloads: 61)
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 12:44 PM)the penguin Wrote: I just order a metric set of the DIN 6388 style collets for the shop. From what I can decipher from the shipping information, they are coming from Spain. I also ordered metric end mills in both HSS and carbide, they are coming from an industrial supplier in Puerto Rico, a friend and ex-college dorm mate is their VP in charge of sales.

Jack,

Ed had suggested I look at the Technix site as they have a lot of ISO-30 tooling. For the items that you ordered, what did you think about their prices?

Thanks,
Arvid
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 01:15 PM)EdK Wrote: I suspect the tap shown in the catalog is one of those that has a larger shank than the tap size.

Ed

Wha? 17428
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 12:44 PM)the penguin Wrote: ...a friend and ex-college dorm mate is their VP in charge of sales.

So we're all good for a discount then Jack?

Vertex are made in Taiwan and from what I have heard their stuff is good. I'm going to get one of their 6" milling vices, as it is the only one available to me here that is affordable without being utter crap!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2013, 09:02 AM)stevec Wrote:
(01-03-2013, 01:15 PM)EdK Wrote: I suspect the tap shown in the catalog is one of those that has a larger shank than the tap size.

Ed

Wha? 17428

I think the picture says it better than I did. Sorry. Blush

Ed
Thanks given by:
"I think the picture says it better than I did. Sorry "

What picture Ed? The pic of the collet with the tap in it seemed not to be gripping the shank and I assumed , in order for it to work, it must only be gripping the square end. Just curious but if my old eyes are deceiving me (again) let me know. (poliitely please)
Thanks given by: