do we need a "i got a new tool catagory?"
[Image: DSCN1057_zps743ac045.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1056_zps142e7bea.jpg]

Beautiful Swiss jig bore standards and micrometers.
mikecwik, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
Oh man! Very nice Mike! That sure beats my "got new tool" post by a long shot. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
I was serious about a new category. I mean everybody here obviously loves tooling as much as everyone else.
Thanks given by:
Ok, I don't know what they are but I think they look cool!
Collecting tools for 30 years.
Thanks given by:
Mike did you buy these used or new or??
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
(01-16-2013, 08:05 PM)mikecwik Wrote: Beautiful Swiss jig bore standards and micrometers.

Indeed! Worthy
Willie
Thanks given by:
Well there is a tool sub-forum for lathe and mill tooling, as well as the metrology forum, so I think that should accommodate tooling posts without having too many spread all over the place.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I'd never seen a set that had two of everything. Why is the set like that? There must be some difference between the micrometer on the left with the red band and the other one on the right without. Are the standards of duplicate lengths?

Looks nice. Is it Etalon brand?
Thanks given by:
Mike,
Wow, very nice - beautiful Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(01-16-2013, 08:37 PM)sasquatch Wrote: Mike did you buy these used or new or??

They are used but used very little or with great care.

(01-17-2013, 07:43 AM)PixMan Wrote: I'd never seen a set that had two of everything. Why is the set like that? There must be some difference between the micrometer on the left with the red band and the other one on the right without. Are the standards of duplicate lengths?

Looks nice. Is it Etalon brand?

Devlieg is the brand. As for why the set is like this, I have no clue. I note no differences in the micrometers other than the red banding. The standards are duplicates, I had intended to sell half the set but I am not sure its worth bothering with.

One of the reasons that i got them was i sent my micrometers to a lab (it was free, about the only way i could see me doing it) after i had checked them with gage blocks. A couple were .001 or 3 off but I was told they were good to go. Now these standards lead me to believe that they were not even checked. Oh well, what do you expect for free?
Thanks given by: