Ultra-Small Boring Head
I need a small (under 2 inches) boring head. I need to work inside a crankcase. I found one searching the net. 1 1/2 dia. It is light duty only so brass will do fine. I have scraps. Pic one is the main body with falts for 3/4 wrench. Pic #2 shows the 1/2-13 mounting hole also.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Squared up to finish dimension and ready for Dovetail work.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Thanks given by:
OOOOOOPS -- My smallers Dovetail Cutter is too big. I need one that is .750 max. anr that will be close.

"Billy G" Blush

Thanks given by:
Make up a flycutter. Done that a couple of times for smallish dovetails. With brass, you don't need carbide or anything, just some HSS.
Thanks given by:
That's easy enough, thanx Tony. Sure feels good to be back in the shop. Thumbsup

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Glad you're back with the living, Bill. I had a spell with it, and still don't feel 100%, but you're right. It is good to be in the shop. I ought to be there. I have a couple of jobs running behind.
Thanks given by:
I hope none of you gets this strain of the Flu. It's awful. I have been down for two weeks now. I am still under quarentine for two more weeks.

OK, I'm gettin tires. I have started the openings for the adjustment parts. I will pick this up tomorrow.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Glad to see you back Bill. I agree with Tony about using a fly cutter ,I would file up a cutter from drill rod and harden it, you have got better control of the shape I think Chin

Best Regards, keep getting Better--- Brian.
Brian, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
http://briansworkshop.weebly.com Welcome
Thanks given by:
Looking good so far Bill. Thumbsup

That will make a nice addition to the tool collection.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I have been changing things already. I found MT2 Arbors with 1/2-20 Threaded ends. Also they are threaded for 3/8-16 Draw Rods. All this for less than $6.00. The new one is at the left.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Thanks given by: