CL score
So, tell me if I did good or not. I got this group for $300 which I thought was good considering the Kurt vise was worth at least $250 by it's self.

Collecting tools for 30 years.
Thanks given by:
That qualifies as a gloat and a genuine "You SucK" award!

With the boring head that appears to be a Criterion, the stamps, boring bars & inserts, countersinks, corner rounding cutter, taps, center drills, transfer punches, slitting saws, high speed steel and solid carbide end mills, you've got quite a good bargain. Well done!
Thanks given by:
yup, you done GREAT!! And yup, a "YOU SUCK" is due!! Lol
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2013, 05:26 PM)PixMan Wrote: That qualifies as a gloat and a genuine "You SucK" award!

With the boring head that appears to be a Criterion, the stamps, boring bars & inserts, countersinks, corner rounding cutter, taps, center drills, transfer punches, slitting saws, high speed steel and solid carbide end mills, you've got quite a good bargain. Well done!

It is a Criterion, he said it was "beat up" but still accurate. I'll bet it's way better than the import one I have. He has more tooling for sale, I need to go back and get some more stuff. I think maybe more of the key seat cutters, he had several in different sizes, some of his measuring tools. I didn't know where to start there was so much stuff. He had alot of carbide cutters for hard materials that I didn't know if I should jump at it or not. He also had a pretty good stock of raw materials including Ti. He gave me several blocks of 6061 Al at not cost. I think another trip to his place is needed!
Thanks given by:
Yup, You Suck

Ed
Thanks given by:
You SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou Suck

Does this tell you anything? RotflRotflRotflThumbsup

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2013, 05:49 PM)DanH Wrote: ...he said it was "beat up" ...

Hmmmm - the picture suggests that you beat him up and took all his toys!

Seriously - very nice score. Go back and buy all that he will sell you. You can always sell what you don't want or need.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2013, 07:13 PM)Mayhem Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 05:49 PM)DanH Wrote: ...he said it was "beat up" ...

Hmmmm - the picture suggests that you beat him up and took all his toys!

Seriously - very nice score. Go back and buy all that he will sell you. You can always sell what you don't want or need.

I think he would of sold it for less. He is burned out on the machining trade and closed his shop and sold off all of his machines. All he has left is in his tool box which was loaded. After his offer (which I accepted without barter) he added several items like he thought he was taking advantage with me. He seemed like a very nice guy, he is now teaching at a local community college which is much less stress than running a small business. I will defiantly try to get back with some more cash!Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2013, 07:28 PM)DanH Wrote: I think he would of sold it for less. He is burned out on the machining trade and closed his shop and sold off all of his machines. All he has left is in his tool box which was loaded. After his offer (which I accepted without barter) he added several items like he thought he was taking advantage with me. He seemed like a very nice guy, he is now teaching at a local community college which is much less stress than running a small business. I will defiantly try to get back with some more cash!Thumbsup

Good to hear he is passing on his knowledge. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
Agree on going back and offering to buy ALL the rest, As posted sort it out, then sell what you don't need, then others can pick up some items.
Not good to keep whittling the contents down bit by bit as there will be some that don't sell, then may end up where they shouldn't be.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by: