tool gloat with mixed feeling
[Image: DSCN1095_zpsfb9ab1cf.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1096_zpsc22132ae.jpg]

Fifty U.S. dollars for the good stuff. A couple are broken a couple rusted, one greasy but they all got life and many are new. There is even a slitting saw on a arbor that i have needed for a couple years but never got around to. I really don't know what a guy does with 1/16" endmills but you cant do nothing with them if you don't have them.

If anybody uses them and can give examples I am very interested.

Okay, I'm done!
mikecwik, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
Nice score on the tooling.

Small parts require small cutters. Either you need them or you don't depending on the size of the job I suppose.

[Image: th_PC120109.jpg]
Willie
Thanks given by:
Good buy, and you'll get lots of use out of them though many will get broken in the first couple of cuts if you're not careful with the smallest ones.

I've grown so accustomed to using solid carbide end mills at high speeds that I think I'd be back to doing that if I had to use any of the HSS ones my dad has kicking around the shop. ;)
Thanks given by:
Oh no wait, I wasn't done. Under the endmills was this.............

[Image: DSCN1097_zps7481d875.jpg]

Amy can flow! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCokQt--l4
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2013, 11:10 PM)mikecwik Wrote: Oh no wait, I wasn't done. Under the endmills was this.............

[Image: DSCN1097_zps7481d875.jpg]

Amy can flow! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCokQt--l4

Mike,
Nice score on all. You have a lot of inserts there. I use 1/16" end mills for corners and do come in handy even for bigger jobs. Rule of thumb for machining is "break all corners" sharp corners are high stress points and should have a radius to prevent cracks and also saves hands from being cut by the sharp edge.
Paul
pjf134, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Invite me over one day when you plan on using them a lot. I have a tough time seeing me do much with them other than breaking them. Its gotta take some finesse.
Thanks given by:
(01-28-2013, 05:19 AM)mikecwik Wrote: Invite me over one day when you plan on using them a lot. I have a tough time seeing me do much with them other than breaking them. Its gotta take some finesse.

Mike,
You have to take it slow for sure. When I got the Sherline mill it was only used one time for some plastic (delron) and the guy broke a bigger end mill and thats how I got the mill because he figured he did not know how to use it. The lathe was still in the box and never used. The same guy is giving me another lathe (CNC 6") for free and I do have to go and pick it up soon. This one has a enclosure with auto tool changer on it. I will invite you over when I have to use it and it could be soon.
Paul
pjf134, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Great find Mike!!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Nice collection of inserts there. If you need help sorting through them and/or want to sell some off, let me know. I'm pretty good with carbide inserts...

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(01-28-2013, 10:19 PM)PixMan Wrote: ...I'm pretty good with carbide inserts...

Now if that isn't the understatement of the century, I don't know what is!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: