Disassembling BB Chuck
How does one go about disassembling a ball bearing chuck for cleaning and lubricating? I have this chuck:

http://travers.com/product.asp?eaprodid=...k+id+82807

Ed
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 05:22 PM)EdK Wrote: How does one go about disassembling a ball bearing chuck for cleaning and lubricating? I have this chuck:
Ed
Very carefully Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Geez Ed, I`ve NEVER disassembled a chuck for cleaning and lubricating, especially a $250 one. I`ve disassembled chucks for repairs but not a LLambrich. Don`t they have a website/manual?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 06:15 PM)stevec Wrote: Geez Ed, I`ve NEVER disassembled a chuck for cleaning and lubricating, especially a $250 one. I`ve disassembled chucks for repairs but not a LLambrich. Don`t they have a website/manual?

I have one that's not very smooth and is a bit sticky. It has ball bearings so I just assumed they have some sort of lubricant in them that might need replacing. Yes on the web site, no on the manual. Their web site has no information about disassembling the chuck.

Maybe I should just leave it alone if you normally don't need to replace the lubricant on the ball bearings. But, that's why I asked the question as I'm obviously clueless about this subject. 17428

Ed
Thanks given by:
I normally find dropping the item ``dismantles`` it.
Mostly when I wasn`t trying to dismantle it... Rotfl
Sorry can`t help though Blush
Andy Popcorn

b4dyc, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012. Oh yeah
Thanks given by:
Would expect the outer sleeve presses off like most others. I once tried to take one apart that was REALLY stiff. Finally had to give up, the outer sleeve was rusted up and wouldn't budge. Have a couple now, including a 3/4 inch one that need some TLC. So many projects so little time.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, Jacob chucks press apart and back together and they also have manuals/instructions on how to do it.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Ed, Maybe if you called yourself Eduardo and checked these espanich people you could get some info (now where to find an espanish machinista to translate without saying "instructiones? we don need no steenkin estructiones").
http://www.llambrich.com/index_en.htm
Thanks given by:
Darn Ed,,, i saw a post about this,,,,, but again, cannot remember where???????????????????

(Reading TOO much stuff!)

I do remember though that you had to be carefull taking it apart,, NOT to drop any of the balls, as they bounce and just disappear!!)

(Possibly on HSM or PM ??)
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hey! sasq you cant say HSM or PM here (actually you can't say them anywhere, to hard to pronounce).
Thanks given by: