The nicest i have seen
The nicest small mill/drill i have seen, look here:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/nora/
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
What is that - the world's smallest production knee mill? That is just plain cool.
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
Some great engineering in that machine, a lot of thought was given to the construction, pretty rare, but pretty nice also.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Very clever idea on the semi circular dovetail!
Arbalest, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Interesting design although VERY small. The table is 3 3/8" x 8 5/8". I like the curved dovetail column as well. It definitely looks like a well built machine for its size.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Looks really flimsy and it has a 3-phase 1/4HP motor. I'm having trouble visualizing where/how it would be used. Decorative work?
Thanks given by:
(02-23-2013, 02:10 PM)Sunset Machine Wrote: Looks really flimsy and it has a 3-phase 1/4HP motor. I'm having trouble visualizing where/how it would be used. Decorative work?

Clock-making is what I envision something like that being used for.

Ed
Thanks given by:
The tiny 3-phase motor says 2nd op in an industrial setting of some sort, but with only 3 speeds and that flimsy arm it doesn't seem very industrial. It can't weigh much more than 100 lbs, but 3-phase kinda ties it to one spot. Puzzling, no?

Very interesting.
Thanks given by:
Check out the Ames Triplex link - it's a 3-in-1 machine weighing 500 lbs. Threadcutting was done by sliding the spindle...
Thanks given by: