fiting a morse taper with a drill chuck
hi all this is a bit of a haw to's in fitting drill chucks on the end of old Morse taper arbors as you no i save old Morse tapers this is two of them a No1 MT and a No2 MT first of all you need to step the end of the Morse taper in this case the No2 MT is 15mm OD by 10 deep the No1 MT is 10 OD by 10 deep remove your chuck and yous in my case a MT No3 to a No 2 sleeve for the Mt No2 and Mt No3 to a No2 to a No1 sleeve you will get the just with the pics once you have steeped the end put your chuck back on and mack up a blank that will fit on the end of the Morse taper their is no need to be too fussy with the hole in the case of the 15mm step in the blank this was made 15.3 by 12 deep and for the 10mm one this was made 10.3 by 12 deep then silver solder the blanks on to the end i put two pills in each one then heated them up once cool clean them up so they fit in to the sleeves OK remove the chuck and put one at a time back in the lathe turn dawn the OD on the blank to 22mm then from the end of the blank Morse taper side mack a 15mm shoulder and turn dawn the rest of the stock to 9.5mm the over all length of the stock in my case was 50mm once dawn to 9.5 i palsied a chanfer on the end ready for the die in my case i only have a die nut the thread in the drill chucks is 3/8 by 24 unf i set the nut off in the lathe then put it in me vice and run it dawn by hand cut to lenth and that's it job dun right pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Graemlin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Looks great Bob!!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by: