[Image: IMG_4640_zpsc5e108ff.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4639_zps79cf04e2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4648_zps06259ac9.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4651_zpsb38b6a95.jpg]

Thanks again BobWorthy
John
Thanks given by:
no problem
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2013, 04:31 PM)krv3000 Wrote: no problem

I forgot to mention the 10 inch green wheel
Bag of milling cutters and a starrett wiggler

You make the pattern Bob & I will cast it for you Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinDroolDroolDroolDrool
John
Thanks given by:
Wow, that's real handy to have Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: alspeed
Looks the dogs Bollocks John .......god bless you wor Bob Graemlin .......I expect you will be needing loads of blunt stuff to hone your skills on John Rotfl Smiley-dancenana I might just be able to help you there Rotfl

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Geez Bob, you didn't clean & tune it up for him? You know nobody does it better than you. Rotfl

Still looks like a nice bit of kit John! Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Great gift Bob, we all need a neighbour like you!!! Lol
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Smiley-signs064 Jawdrop Graemlin Worthy
Willie
Thanks given by:
I wish I had a friend like Bob Big Grin

John - get yourself a bag of soda ash (any pool supply shop will have it) and use electrolysis to get the rust off of those collets. I was going to link to the post I did on this but I cannot seem to find it Slaphead

Essentially, mix the soda ash into a bucket of water and put some scrap metal in there and attach the positive lead of a battery charger to this. Loop some wire to the collets and suspend these in the solution, making sure they don't touch the scrap metal. Attach the negative lead to the wire holding the collets and hit the power. The more scrap metal, the quicker the process, as it works by line of sight.

Here is a picture of the bucket, into which I have placed some old weld mesh to the perimeter. There is also a lump of plate at the bottom (note the thin red wire). Also note that this is a photo taken after I zapped the chuck for 10 minutes.

Here is an out of focus pic of the 1/2" Rhom keyless chuck that I was given on the weekend. This thing is rusted solid.

Here it is ready to zap.

Here it is after 10 minutes. Still a long way to go but you will agree that is quite a difference.

Here is the bag of soda ash. I have used baking soda and it does work, but the process takes a lot longer.

Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: EdK , Highpower
Darren, Over here we use Arm & Hammer washing soda. It's sodium carbonate just like your soda ash. It's been a while since I had a pool so I'm not familiar with it's use over here. The washing soda isn't very expensive but the larger quantity package of the pool product might be cheaper, then again, nothing for pools is cheap.
Anyway, the process works like a charm, if you remember NEGATIVE to the piece(s) being cleaned!

BTW Darren, have you ever reversed the leads in order to clean your scrap metal pieces?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: