Free Tools!
My neighbor walked into the shop this morning with an arm full of expansion reamers. Said he came across them cleaning out his Dad's garage and thought I could use them. Also said he'd keep an eye out for anything else that looked machine shop related. It's not a bad deal when tools come to you, let alone free tools. Smiley-dancenana

Tom

[Image: 001_22.JPG]
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-28-2013, 10:25 AM)TomG Wrote: My neighbor walked into the shop this morning with an arm full of expansion reamers. Said he came across them cleaning out his Dad's garage and thought I could use them. Also said he'd keep an eye out for anything else that looked machine shop related. It's not a bad deal when tools come to you, let alone free tools. Smiley-dancenana

Tom

[Image: 001_22.JPG]

That's worthy of a You Suck

Ed
Thanks given by:
You SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou SuckYou Suck
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
good neighbor!
oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:
Nice, plus the obligatory You Suck
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Wow, do you ever earn a You Suck!

Are those marked as to maker? If you have any of the Chadwick & Trefethen brand, they're still in business in southern NH. Top quality tools, and those also do look good from here.
Thanks given by:
Ken,

The big on is by KD Tools and looks to be some sort of line reamer. It has a sliding taper to align the end. The familiar yellow and blue is obviously Morse and is brand new. The other two were made by Hikari Seiko. None have seen much use. I have some smaller sizes that I use on occasion, but have never needed anything this big, but you never know...

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
KD I believe made a line of reamers for king pin bushings. Seems I have one or two around here somewhere.
Thanks given by:
(06-28-2013, 06:35 PM)TomG Wrote: The big on is by KD Tools and looks to be some sort of line reamer. It has a sliding taper to align the end.

Tom.
The alignment sleeve should unscrew off the end. They used to be (probably still are) available in a range of sizes to screw onto the end of a std adjustable reamer.

bollie7
bollie7, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since May 2012.
Thanks given by:
Good score,especially for free.
My new neighbor where I have moved to stuck his head over the fence on Sunday to see what I was up to and we got talking.
He said he had a bandsaw over there that he didn't use anymore and is just in the way and to come over and make him an offer if I wanted it. I went over and after some short discussion the price of $200 was reached. I looked them up and they are Taiwanese made and new price is $1695, this thing is about 12 year old needs a new blade but looks like it's been looked after and it hasn't been used in years.
http://www.gasweld.com.au/532510-toolex.html

I will pick it up next weekend, but like you said we don't have to go anywhere and we get tools, LOL

Dave
Thanks given by: