Mobile Machine Power
Being a drag it home guy.
I came up with some golf cart parts. Ok I you caught me 2 or 3 golf carts would be more like it. point is I watched a video of a guy using a tread mill dc motor to power a lathe or mill and thought the dc motor from the golf cart would work as well.
One has a 7 hp. motor and you could use the golf cart controls for your speed control could be this ticket for the guy who wants to take his machines with him on holiday.Slaphead
This idea comes to me because my shop is built in a 40 ft. conex
(shipping container) with this set up I could move anywhere in the world and use solar to charge the batterys and run the machines.
Sorry I was thinking outside the box again.17428

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Heavy Metal Illness
Thanks given by:
(07-28-2013, 01:12 PM)carkrazd Wrote: Sorry I was thinking outside the box again.17428

You mean thinking outside the "shipping container" right?
Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Yep you got it Steve
Its only a box from the insideRotfl
Its worked out well. The guy next door thinks I need to spend.
20 to 40k on a building that I cant even be planted in when I kick.
I don't know about you but I'm takin my tools with me Thumbsup
Heavy Metal Illness
Thanks given by:
(07-28-2013, 01:28 PM)carkrazd Wrote: I don't know about you but I'm takin my tools with me Thumbsup
I know what ya mean but if I can't use 'em, I'm not taking them with me. I did that once, when we moved here to "the land of you can't get that here". Once is enough.
I only wish my son would/could get his own house so as he could come and get what he wants.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: