ER collets
Guys, I'm looking for a 5C to ER collet adapter so I can use ER collets in my 5C spindle on my cutter grinder. My 5C collets go up to 1" cap.
The only adapter I've found is for ER32 collets that seem to only go up to 7/8" capacity.
Do ER 40 collets go up to 1"? Does anyone know of a 5C to ER 40 collet adapter/chuck? Or am I relegated to only 7/8 " capacity?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Steve,

Yes, ER40 collets do go up to 1". I've never seen an adapter but it would be nice to have one. Good luck.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Thanks ED, BTW, has anybody experienced YS tool on ebay?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2013, 07:04 PM)stevec Wrote: Thanks ED, BTW, has anybody experienced YS tool on ebay?

I have spent about $900 through him the quality seems to be just as good as all the rest.

Dave
Thanks given by: stevec
(08-06-2013, 06:55 PM)stevec Wrote: Guys, I'm looking for a 5C to ER collet adapter so I can use ER collets in my 5C spindle on my cutter grinder...

About 1/2 way down this page. My experience has been to have someone in the UK buy for you and post, as their P&H is expensive. Nothing dodgy, just they use registered, traceable etc. I had them ship my ER32 blocks to a friend of the family that my Mum was visiting and she threw them in her suitcase Big Grin

(08-06-2013, 07:04 PM)stevec Wrote: Thanks ED, BTW, has anybody experienced YS tool on ebay?

I bought my metric gauge block set from them when I was in HK earlier this year. I too have no issues with the price, quality or service.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Anybody got a link to YS tool on ebay? I had no luck doing a search.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 05:38 AM)EdK Wrote: Anybody got a link to YS tool on ebay? I had no luck doing a search.

Ed

http://stores.ebay.com/YSTOOL?_rdc=1
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: EdK
Ed and all;

Maritool has oversized collets in ER40. They have an 1 1/8 and a 1 3/16/ Their precision is .0003. They are made in USA. I have both coming. I will let you know the quality.

http://www.maritool.com/?gclid=CKajvL2k6...OgodylwAMg

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 07:03 AM)Bill Gruby Wrote: Ed and all;

Maritool has oversized collets in ER40. They have an 1 1/8 and a 1 3/16/ Their precision is .0003. They are made in USA. I have both coming. I will let you know the quality.

http://www.maritool.com/?gclid=CKajvL2k6...OgodylwAMg

"Billy G"

Bill,

I can vouch for the Maritool ER40 collets. That's what I have. I bought the sizes I felt I'd use the most and will add to the collection as needed. I think I have about 8 of them so far. I didn't realize they had oversize collets though. Thanks for the info.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I haven't seen a 5C to ER 40 adapter.
Thanks given by: