Welders whatya got?
I currently have a Miller MM185 mig with a matching spoolgun. A Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt stick my dad bought about 28 years ago. A Westinghouse mig with a spoolgun my dad bought in 1965 as migs were almost unheard of back then except in a big factory. And i have 2 Centaur Tigs stashed away for future use. I do need to find a small torch for them...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
Here's my northern 200amp mig/stic and victor journeyman torch.

Jerry.Popcorn

ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(03-23-2012, 08:54 PM)aametalmaster Wrote: I currently have a Miller MM185 mig with a matching spoolgun. A Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt stick my dad bought about 28 years ago. A Westinghouse mig with a spoolgun my dad bought in 1965 as migs were almost unheard of back then except in a big factory. And i have 2 Centaur Tigs stashed away for future use. I do need to find a small torch for them...Bob

Harris:
Oxy/Acet

Miller:
MM185 mig (no spool gun) Sadno
MM140 Auto-Set mig (added spool gun in 2013) Rolleyes
Syncrowave 200 tig/stick w/Coolmate 1
Spectrum 375 X-TREME plasma cutter

I used to have an OLD Lincoln A/C Dialarc that was HUGE and I decided it was taking up too much room, so I got rid of it. It was replaced with the Miller machines that now takes up 3 times as much space! Bash

Smiley-signs125
Willie
Thanks given by:
I've only got a humble Oxford RT110B oil-cooled arc welder (1950's?), does 15 - 110A at 55v, 10 - 80A at 80v, AC only - but it'll weld at full output all day, and has a carbon-arc output for brazing etc. It's an heirloom, too - left to me by a favourite uncle (who taught me to use it when I was 10...) so I can't see me getting shot of it! It's good for all the steel I need to weld (so far...) - I hope it'll be good with NiFe rods, as I have some CI to repair on the way to building a milling head column to sit on the lathe ways...

I'm looking for a TIG, when I find one within reach of my pocket, as I have some projects involving aluminium I want to get started on. Willie's Dialarc would have been perfect, I could have *made* space for it :) Ebay has some "spares or repair" TIGs now and then, as I'm of the Electronic Persuasion, I may go with that and spend a year or three looking for parts and schematics...

Dave H. (the other one)
Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men...
(Douglas Bader)
Thanks given by:
(03-24-2012, 06:03 AM)Hopefuldave Wrote: I've only got a humble Oxford RT110B oil-cooled arc welder (1950's?), does 15 - 110A at 55v, 10 - 80A at 80v, AC only - but it'll weld at full output all day, and has a carbon-arc output for brazing etc. It's an heirloom, too - left to me by a favourite uncle (who taught me to use it when I was 10...) so I can't see me getting shot of it! It's good for all the steel I need to weld (so far...) - I hope it'll be good with NiFe rods, as I have some CI to repair on the way to building a milling head column to sit on the lathe ways...

I'm looking for a TIG, when I find one within reach of my pocket, as I have some projects involving aluminium I want to get started on. Willie's Dialarc would have been perfect, I could have *made* space for it :) Ebay has some "spares or repair" TIGs now and then, as I'm of the Electronic Persuasion, I may go with that and spend a year or three looking for parts and schematics...

Dave H. (the other one)

Search on E-bay for WSE200P that is what I have for a tig welder it is an inverter machine from Riverweld.com in China it is well made and works great. Also reasonably priced. tom
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
I have a Millermatic 180 that I suck at using. I really need to find a local welder that can show me the ropes. My neighbor is a machinist/welder but he doesn't seem to be able to use my welder much better than I can. I think he's too used to the industrial type welders so has problems using a home shop welder. Plus, I don't think he is a trained welder nor is welding his primary job. He's mostly a machinist.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Here's mine.

As you can see it came in a very pretty yellow colour, a matching 'on/off' switch and a two tone yellow and black "twiggly thing".

Two nice green coloured cables one with a 'big clip' and the other to hold the "sparkley thing"

Now I have a theory about welding, when you get highly intelligent and good looking guys just like 'me and Ed', then we can't weld. Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(03-24-2012, 10:20 AM)DaveH Wrote: Now I have a theory about welding, when you get highly intelligent and good looking guys just like 'me and Ed', then we can't weld. Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

DaveH

Thats why i am soooo ugly LOL...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
I'd rather be ugly and be a master welder like Bob is. Oh, I'm already ugly and I still suck at welding. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
(03-24-2012, 12:49 PM)EdAK Wrote: I'd rather be ugly and be a master welder like Bob is. Oh, I'm already ugly and I still suck at welding. Chin

Ed

I am not great with mine but learning, getting better since I had my cataracts removed, no more glare just need a better helmet now, have the welder and lots of rod and consumables, time oh time where have you gone, too many commitments. tom

nagging wife doesn't help, hope she doesn't read my posts hihi
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by: