Genie Mix-N-Match - Sometimes we get lucky
So I had a gent show up not long ago and asked if I was interested in a Genie Lift. Said it was 800 lbs capacity with 5 foot lift.

Turned out to be a Genie Mix-N-Match in really good shape with only a bit of scuffing of the paint. The parts listing in the tube on the back of the mast was dated April 1982 and the Serial number might further date it to about 1988

Steel plate deck slides forward a bit to help grab loads from back of truck.

I figured I could not refuse the deal

It has come in very handy for saving my back from myself lifting planers and other tools that should not be lifted by oneself.

Walter
starlight_tools, proud to be a member of Metalworking Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
Well that's definitely worth a You Suck

Nice score!

Ed
Thanks given by:
I'll reserve the You Suck 'til we now what you paid for it.
If it was free gratis the You Suck will most certainly follow.
Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(10-16-2013, 06:38 AM)stevec Wrote: I'll reserve the You Suck 'til we now what you paid for it.
If it was free gratis the You Suck will most certainly follow.
Rotfl

Let's just say that I really did not want the gent to know just how badly I wanted it.

I convinced a buddy the he needed to make a Timmy's run to Castlager that evening. (Tim Horton's Coffee and Donut Shop and not a very hard arm twist) so we had an excuse to be driving past his house. We got there and had a quick look at it, sort of brushed it off, then went on to repair the grinder that was the "trade" when the grinder was done, commented that "ya that will probably do" loaded up the unit in the Truck and High-tailed it out of there.

Here is the new equivalent units.

https://genie-mf.com/index.cfm/products/...enie-Lifts

My cost parts and labour to repair a few angle grinders.

Yup, I suck!

Walter
Thanks given by:
Nice score Walter, so I'm afraid you get one of these You Suck (in a nice way)
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Walter, thanks for the info (the link brought me to a "sorry, page not found" page).
Anyway, maybe it's a good thing we're a huge country apart, that way I'm not apt to be "ripped off" by Walter the smooth wheeler dealer. Rotfl
That said, here's your official You Suck from me. Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Steve

Link should work now.

https://genie-mf.com/index.cfm/products/...enie-Lifts

And as for ripping off, nope, he said how much, I agreed on the price and followed through with my end of the bargain.

Walter
Thanks given by: stevec
OK so did a few mods to the Genie lift.

Started by adding a set of wheels to the top of the mast, so that when the lift is layed down it will roll around, makes it handy to slide into the back of the truck without scratching the bed of the new F150.

Then modified the back rest from a simple H that bolted onto the raising mechanism to insert a section of 2" Hitch Receiver Tube, so that I can add a jib boom.

The tube bolts on top and bottom and also there is an angle iron that rests over the raising plate and the bolt then sandwiches it together.

Jib Boom is still on drawing board, but at least now the Genie is set up for it.

Then added Eye Bolts to each of the back rests for ratchet straps

Hope these pictures turn out clear as the Canon bit the dust so I had to use the Milwaukee Inspection Camera.

Walter
Thanks given by:
Nice modifications! All the more useful that way.
Thanks given by:
OK so next phase is done.

Added outriggers for side stabilization. They slide into the tube socket of the frame and pin with the same pin that locks in the front Legs. I still have to make longer pins as the current ones do not reach all the way through the legs.

Outrigger in "in" position

Outrigger in "out" position

Outrigger stored

Both outriggers stored back view

Both outriggers stored front view.

Also ordered the bearing assembly for the jib crane attachment.

Walter
Thanks given by: