You tube
So which you tube channels do you watch. Those who contribute from this site are always good. And do watch a few others eg keith fenner.
Mark h, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by:
Hi
Mark
Have a look on my youtube the ones on the right hand side are what I watch
John
Thanks given by:
Yup, same here. Plus one or two.

Here's one I came across recently that totally amazed me. I know it's wood, but we all seem to build things from it whether we admit it or not. This guy built a complete wooden pipe organ with over 250 pipes.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxglRfi02N4KOYYAwqwxegA

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2013, 06:31 PM)TomG Wrote: Yup, same here. Plus one or two.

Here's one I came across recently that totally amazed me. I know it's wood, but we all seem to build things from it whether we admit it or not. This guy built a complete wooden pipe organ with over 250 pipes.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxglRfi02N4KOYYAwqwxegA

Tom

Wow, that's amazing!

Ed
Thanks given by:
Nice, but even with the old Altec Lansing speakers on my PC it doesn't seem to have the crisp tonal range of a true pipe organ with brass pipes. More of a muted tone because I believe wood absorbs too much of the sound pressure waves.

However, I know squat about organs, sound, music or anything related. ;)
Thanks given by:
Mine :) I have 6 there. Machining, trains and my chainsaw...Bob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wDHmbmKG...M-stinaKWE
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2013, 02:50 PM)Mark h Wrote: So which you tube channels do you watch. Those who contribute from this site are always good. And do watch a few others eg keith fenner.

Our very own ''doubleboosts'' video's are allways informative[& amusing he he] I like ''myfordboy'' as well,tubal cain's not bad apart from a bit of woffle, the original tubal cain [apart from the biblical one]was the pen name of td walshaw fron cumbria england,I have some of his books' a really clever man,long gone now,& to be honest there's some right tos**ers on youtube,& even dafter ones praising them on their apparent prowess.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
Our very own ''doubleboosts'' video's are allways informative[& amusing he he] I like ''myfordboy'' as well,tubal cain's not bad apart from a bit of woffle, the original tubal cain [apart from the biblical one]was the pen name of td walshaw fron cumbria england,I have some of his books' a really clever man,long gone now,& to be honest there's some right tos**ers on youtube,& even dafter ones praising them on their apparent prowess.
[/quote]

I watch the usual list abom79, Keith Fenner, shopdogsam, NYCCNC, Keith Rucker, Tubalcain, Toms techniques, and a bunch more. I like to watch doubleboost even though I really only understand about every third word. I am sure he has the same problem understanding us rednecks. I even have my own channel though it is hard to find and I am probably one of those right tos**ers you mentioned. It is for my own amusement anyway.
Ben Franklin;
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 10:09 AM)hswaters Wrote: I watch the usual list abom79, Keith Fenner, shopdogsam, NYCCNC, Keith Rucker, Tubalcain, Toms techniques, and a bunch more. I like to watch doubleboost even though I really only understand about every third word. I am sure he has the same problem understanding us rednecks.

Pretty much sums it up. Add Oxtool (Tom Lipton) for some additional great tips (when he isn't scaring me to death. Ahem) There are some electronics I like to watch.

ToolandDieGuy had some good stuff going, but pretty much just promoting his own pay per view video's (sign up for $100, and I'll let you watch). For the folks in tool and die trade, probably a good value.... but for the rest of us, that money on a new caliper goes along way.
roundrocktom, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 06:55 PM)roundrocktom Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 10:09 AM)hswaters Wrote: I watch the usual list abom79, Keith Fenner, shopdogsam, NYCCNC, Keith Rucker, Tubalcain, Toms techniques, and a bunch more. I like to watch doubleboost even though I really only understand about every third word. I am sure he has the same problem understanding us rednecks.

Pretty much sums it up. Add Oxtool (Tom Lipton) for some additional great tips (when he isn't scaring me to death. Ahem) There are some electronics I like to watch.

ToolandDieGuy had some good stuff going, but pretty much just promoting his own pay per view video's (sign up for $100, and I'll let you watch). For the folks in tool and die trade, probably a good value.... but for the rest of us, that money on a new caliper goes along way.

I left out a lot of the folks who I watch because of the old memory. One of my favorites is myfordboy, he never speaks but has great subtitles and an Aussie fellow calls himself xynudu or something close. I started retirement in 2011 with nothing to do and great boredom. Then I hauled my few guns out of the back of the closet and started shooting in some small time competitions. Then reloading and bullet casting. Then I wanted to build a couple of things for the reloading and I went to the back of the garage where my lathe had been sitting unused for about 30-35 years. I went to work overseas in the mid 70's and when I came back the grandchild phenomenon occurred and I spent the next 15 years at girls softball games. That was a six day a week 52 week a year thing and left no time for hobbies. But now the lathe is cleaned up and working the band saw is repainted and working, the boring bars are half finished. The BTC boring bar only needed cleaning and it ran right off just as did the drill press. I do need a new power cord for the BTC. And boring bar tools are scattered all over the house and garage but I am slowly getting them in one place. When the Kwik-Way is finished then I can get on to building a power hacksaw. It just seems like something I want to do. Oh and I bought a mill/drill which means I had to forgo the planned purchase of a .45 XDM Springfield this year (the boss lady is relatively liberal on what I spend but she has limits). Anyway to make a long story longer I now have only laziness to buy me some idle time here and there and boredom is long gone.
Ben Franklin;
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

Thanks given by: