Spring steel sheet.
Any suggestions on how to straighten out a roll of blue spring steel sheet and get it flat again - without a set of sheet metal rollers to work with?

[Image: 0005302-11.jpg]
Willie
Thanks given by:
OK then. Almost 50 views and the silence is deafening. I guess I have my answer. Rotfl

For the record, I feel the same way about it. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Willie,
Rotfl
Without a set of rollers - really difficult.
I know it can be straightened by heating and hammering it flat, but takes a lot of practice and skill. Not sure what to do if it ends up full of hammer marks Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: Highpower
Willie, sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut and look stupid than say something and remove all doubt.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Dave has a set of rollers, send it to him. :)

Try dragging it across the corner of a 2x4 with as much pressure as you can muster. How thick is the stuff?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: Highpower
(03-21-2014, 06:04 PM)TomG Wrote: Dave has a set of rollers, send it to him. :)

Tom
Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(03-21-2014, 04:43 PM)f350ca Wrote: Willie, sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut and look stupid than say something and remove all doubt.

Good point Greg.
Willie
Thanks given by:
(03-19-2014, 10:13 PM)Highpower Wrote: Any suggestions on how to straighten out a roll of blue spring steel sheet and get it flat again - without a set of sheet metal rollers to work with?

[Image: 0005302-11.jpg]

How about buying a "flat" of blue spring steel instead? Rotfl
Thanks given by:
A friend of mine bought this for a project because the 50" roll (.010") was the same price as a 25" flat, so it was more economical. He asked me if I could straighten a couple of pieces for him, but I'm not familiar with sheet metal work don't have any type of sheet metal roller.

Ah well, at least I got to entertain a couple of folks with a stupid question, eh?
Willie
Thanks given by:
No such a thing as a stupid question, but here you'll get our stupid answers.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: