Dumpster Dive Results
I retrieved this stuff that was headed to the dumpster. Not as impressive as Ken's recent acquisition but sure beats paying for it. I think it's all 303 stainless steel.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Good haul nonetheless. You just never know when you'll need something like that, and until you're in Russ' position of tripping over the 'stock' while customers are waiting with active PO's to pay for the correct stuff...you keep it.

Waste not want not. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Good haul Ed but not technically dumpster diving if you didn't have to go over the side to get it. Good score just the same.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 07:40 PM)f350ca Wrote: Good haul Ed but not technically dumpster diving if you didn't have to go over the side to get it. Good score just the same.

I didn't have to go over the side to get it. I was walking into work one day and there was some stuff piled on a cart outside of one of the mechanical engineers cubicle labeled "trash" or something like that. Once I got to my desk and took my coat off I headed right back there and took what I thought would be useful to me. That's one of the nice things about getting in to work long before anyone else shows up.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Nice find...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by: EdK
Nice find Ed You Suck

I'd be having a word with the mechanical engineers and ask them to put stuff aside for you that is going out for trash. Even if it costs you some beers it will be well worth it.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 11:01 PM)Mayhem Wrote: ....
I'd be having a word with the mechanical engineers and ask them to put stuff aside for you that is going out for trash. ...

Darren,

This particular engineer is somewhat of an ass hole so that wouldn't work well in this instance. I just keep my eye open for stuff outside their cubicles that's headed for the dumpster and pick through it before they show up for work.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 08:30 AM)EdK Wrote: This particular engineer is somewhat of an ass hole

Sorta my opinion of most engineers, with the addition of "pompous".

There are exceptions, like any member here who might be encumbered with the title. Blush

Smiley-dancenana Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I fell into a dumpster once. Reached in for a prize and the next thing I knew I was inside on my back and looking up at the sky.
Thanks given by:
Hey I resemble that remark!!!

(04-06-2014, 08:49 AM)stevec Wrote:
(04-06-2014, 08:30 AM)EdK Wrote: This particular engineer is somewhat of an ass hole

Sorta my opinion of most engineers, with the addition of "pompous".

There are exceptions, like any member here who might be encumbered with the title. Blush

Smiley-dancenana Rotfl
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: