Pondering Hotroding A Wood Bandsaw Blade
My Milwaukee Porta Band is mounted on a SWAG table. I was thinking it sure would be nice if I could use it to cut designs in wood too.

Anyone hear or know of a person cutting a wood band saw blade down to 44 7/8" so it would fit on a Milwaukee Porta Band?

I'm wondering if the smaller width of the wood blades would cut into the rubber tires on the Porta Band and ruin them.

I thought it would be smart to ask first before I do it to save the expense of replacing my saws tires. thanks
tackit, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since May 2014.
Thanks given by:
I use 1/8" blades on my rubber tired bandsaw all the time and haven't noticed any ill effects. Can't see why it would be any different on your Porta Band.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Shouldn't hurt the tire, but are the guides adjustable to take a different blade. i.e. the ones on a horizontal bandsaw are fixed for the blade intended.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:

(06-08-2014, 08:55 PM)tackit Wrote: My Milwaukee Porta Band is mounted on a SWAG table. I was thinking it sure would be nice if I could use it to cut designs in wood too.

Anyone hear or know of a person cutting a wood band saw blade down to 44 7/8" so it would fit on a Milwaukee Porta Band?

I'm wondering if the smaller width of the wood blades would cut into the rubber tires on the Porta Band and ruin them.

I thought it would be smart to ask first before I do it to save the expense of replacing my saws tires. thanks
Interesting idea , I have a bandsaw blade making machine , I may try it to see the effect it has .........
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by:
(06-21-2014, 04:54 PM)kenne Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 08:55 PM)tackit Wrote: My Milwaukee Porta Band is mounted on a SWAG table. I was thinking it sure would be nice if I could use it to cut designs in wood too.

Interesting idea , I have a bandsaw blade making machine , I may try it to see the effect it has .........
Sorry I missed your comment Keene. Did you ever get around to making a blade. Thanks
Thanks given by:
(06-30-2014, 07:36 AM)tackit Wrote:
(06-21-2014, 04:54 PM)kenne Wrote:

Sorry I missed your comment Keene. Did you ever get around to making a blade. Thanks

I am away from the shop for a few days , I will try it on thursday when I return .Smiley-eatdrink004
Thanks given by: tackit
Yeah I know how it is, my plans are always changed or dropped because of something more important needing my attention or me not assessing the time it takes to do a job correctly, which I seem to have perfected. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(06-30-2014, 10:45 PM)tackit Wrote: Yeah I know how it is, my plans are always changed or dropped because of something more important needing my attention or me not assessing the time it takes to do a job correctly, which I seem to have perfected. Big Grin

Hello , I tried the saw blade 4tpi for wood on my milwaukee pbs and wasn't very impressed , it will cut , but jt's like holding an eel and doesn't make a good cut in my opinion . Also it broke after while as I was cutting stakes for the wife''s trees . I may try again with a different tpi and see if that does better .
Thanks given by: tackit
Thanks for trying Kenne. Perhaps the rubber is to soft to hold them properly .
Thanks given by: