Bestest crystal (lens, bezel)
Anybody out there got a good crystal (lens, bezel) for a Bestest indicator? I think it's a model 3010, 28mm (?)
kcraig514, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2014.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 07:25 PM)kcraig514 Wrote: Anybody out there got a good crystal (lens, bezel) for a Bestest indicator? I think it's a model 3010, 28mm (?)

Check out this place.

http://longislandindicator.com/p74.html

Ed
Thanks given by:
Are they easy to change? I also have a Tessa DTI with a Gold face that I'd like to swap with a yellow one if it's doable at home!
Arbalest, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Arbalest, you're close enough to send (or bring) it to Bob. No risk there, HE DA MAN!
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
arbalest in a word yes and no the two dials may look the same but in the time i have bin repairing them i have yet to find two by the same maker the same but you may be Lucky and the two will swap over one thing you must not do is clean the Daile with any solvent bast cleaner the best thing is spit on Cotton buds after all if its good inuf for works of art then its OK on diles and if you wish and you is preperd to pay post i will have a look at them for you
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
hi Kcrig514 is the crystal glass or plastic is it flat or domed
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 04:23 PM)krv3000 Wrote: hi Kcrig514 is the crystal glass or plastic is it flat or domed

I don't know about plastic or glass. I'm sure it was domed. I don't have it, it popped off and disappeared into Neverland.
kcraig514, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2014.
Thanks given by:
Think I'll leave mine alone then. It works fine, just don't like the colour much! Wonder why they chose Gold?
Arbalest, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
well they do things lick that just to annoy people i think i had a gold 6 inch rule once when new it was brill to reed but as the coting became warn it was carp its lick old d.t i. dailies originally there where bright white but over time they go yellow Kcrig514 is their any where near you that reapers watches your leans on your clock is plastic have a go and mack one it ant hard the best thing i have cum a Cross for this is replacement lens covers you get for welding helmets find something that looks the same shape as the original lens ma be a golf ball ping pong ball and a lil cup the thing to do is remove the protective film on both sides of the welding lens wame the plastic up till it becomes soft if you get bubbles in it you is getting it to hot place the wamd bit of plastic over the cup say and with the ball press it in to the plastic to form a bubble once cool trim off to the sis needed to fit the Basel
Thanks given by: