Free!
I was walking through the shipping and receiving area at work last week and noticed a brand new flammable liquid cabinet setting off to the side with a "scrap" tag on it. When I jokingly asked the guy to help me load it on my truck, he said he would be glad to. Apparently the cabinet had been damaged in shipping and rather than pay to ship it back, the shipping company just declared it scrap. They were trying to figure out what to do with when I walked by and it made their decision easier.

It had apparently been dropped on the rear feet because both were flattened and it must have been racked a bit because the door would no longer close by itself. I got the feet straightened out, but so far haven't figured out why the door is binding, but for the money I can live with it the way it is. Big Grin

Tom

[Image: IMAG0334.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0336.jpg]
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Definitely You Suck time.
Thanks given by:
Thank you Ed.
Thanks given by:
Hard to find a better deal than free You Suck Big Grin
Shawn, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by:
Thank you Shawn. Free is definitely good.
Thanks given by:
Nice colour too. Thumbsup
Oh nearly forgot You Suck Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Snap! I got one too a few months back from a university department that was being refurbished. It is a dual door one and I need to replace both the door return springs. This one automatically locks the doors once they close. I'm not sure what they cost in the US but here they run a couple of grand...

I'll snap a picture next time I walk past it.

Like your's Tom, mine was free and I too like that price. Well done Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
That's a great find and I wish I had room for something like that. All my lubricants and solvents sit on an open shelf. If I was a commercial shop, our Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) would have a field day with fines for me. ;)
Thanks given by:
Ken,

I don't really have the room either, but managed to find a spot for it. My cabinets are arranged so they form sort of an entry alcove around the door and it works out pretty well. Some are back to back and all of the fronts and doors are facing out into the room for easy access. It makes for some very high density storage.

Darren: A cabinet this size (43"W x 60"H x 15"D) goes for about $600 over here.

Tom
Thanks given by:
(08-17-2014, 07:51 PM)TomG Wrote: I was walking through the shipping and receiving area at work last week and noticed a brand new flammable liquid cabinet setting off to the side with a "scrap" tag on it. When I jokingly asked the guy to help me load it on my truck, he said he would be glad to. Apparently the cabinet had been damaged in shipping and rather than pay to ship it back, the shipping company just declared it scrap. They were trying to figure out what to do with when I walked by and it made their decision easier.

It had apparently been dropped on the rear feet because both were flattened and it must have been racked a bit because the door would no longer close by itself. I got the feet straightened out, but so far haven't figured out why the door is binding, but for the money I can live with it the way it is. Big Grin

Tom

[Image: IMAG0334.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0336.jpg]

We all love ''freebe's'' better than a ''scoop'' from a car boot sale!!
Graham. Thumbsup
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by: