What's on your Christmas list ?
What's on your Christmas list ?

When you make that list for Santa / wife / family;
what is it that you ask for that you havn't bought yourselves ?

Or what is it you buy for yourself and you put "from Santa" on

I like reading other people's lists, gives me ideas for my own.

TSC puts the cheap fluroscent light T8's on sale here in Canada and at $18 ish it's always easy for me to add one more
It's a good thing they work in the wifies sewing room  too

For the lathe, I think I want a quick change AXA toolpost and a bunch of holders

My digital camera was new 10+ years ago or so and it's time for a new one, but
that needs a ton more of research.

I just bought a drill dr and wish I had one years ago.
I should stock up on wheels for it.

I asked for one of those Hall effect sensors direct from HK/china on ebay, 4 digit rpm digital read out.
For the lathe / mill when I do the variable speed conversion on them.

Are there anyvideos and books I don't know about ?

I want permanent propane vented heater in the shop, but that's $1,000
I'm going to have to do that myself.

I bought some of the FREE Starrett well charts online and I'm going to make them into plaque it mounted posters
http://www.wikihow.com/Plaque-Mount-Posters-Using-MDF

I'm going to do that, but with a french cleat type of mount on the back.
Thanks given by:
No one in my family seems to be able to take hints nor initiative to get me what I want. Well, except for last year my youngest son got me the factory accessory engine protection bars for my motorcycle.

This year I've bought some high performance drills (Titex) off eBay, gifted myself a new cutter and inserts, and will likely add some T8 lighting to my shop as well. The older I get the dimmer it is in there.
Thanks given by:
I have multiple lists that I check hourly. There's really a stepwise process for this 
  • Check the auction and kijiji sites, they contain lists of all types of things I want, I don't have to write up a list. 
  • I ask my wife how much of my money she is willing to spend on me.
  • I make my purchases up to that amount.
  • Pick up my tool scores.
  • Make a youtube about them.
  • Wrap the small items as separate pieces for my stocking on the mantle.
  • Box and wrap up the rest and store them in the shop.
  • When the tree goes up, take them from the shop and place them under the tree.
Pretty simple to me. And if you don't find any tool scores, well then you need to buy something new that will probably break the first time you use it. Consumables like drills, etc can be bought new and are great stocking stuffers.

This year I got a dividing head from my wife. It only cost her (er... me) $200.
Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
Thanks given by:
guess you could say I already got my Christmas, in the form of what looked like a heavy wall pipe when I unwrapped it a couple months ago. Still trying to see what it will turn into.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Santa is broke this year so I'm screwed.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I just finished reading "Killing Patton" and enjoyed it so much that I added two other books about Patton to my list.

The only shop related item is a digital audio recorder to improve the audio on my YouTube videos.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Unsure yet but I have made a start on my letter:

Dear Santa,

I can explain...
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(11-26-2014, 06:54 PM)12345678910 Wrote: For the lathe, I think I want a quick change AXA toolpost and a bunch of holders

I asked for one of those Hall effect sensors direct from HK/china on ebay, 4 digit rpm digital read out.
For the lathe / mill when I do the variable speed conversion on them.

What size is your lathe? (I'm to lazy to hunt through previous posts to find out) Blush

I'd be curious to know more about the "Hall effect sensors". I assume it's some sort of tachometer?

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(11-27-2014, 06:11 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Unsure yet but I have made a start on my letter:

Dear Santa,

I can explain...

My brother wore a T-shirt to the Christmas celebration last year with those exact words on it. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
We don't bother with a tree and the decorative rituals at my house, so there's no sense in wrapping up a gift to myself that I'm going open up to feign surprise and glee.

It not a case of being anti-Christmas, it a matter of having 3 cats in the house who have historically shredded decorations and knocked down trees trying to climb them.
Thanks given by: