For those in America that might be thinking of ordering a Hemingway kit ...
I asked about shipping to "the colonies" as they put it. Their response ...

----------
Mr. Jedlicka,
Thanks for your note and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Our shipping rates to the USA are:

Note that I provided the Conversion column. Hemingway is not responsible for these values.
It is based on exchange rates available on Google as of 07:14 am CST, February 15th, 2015.
I am sure all of these values are 'dynamic' and not etched in concrete.
Best to think of them as guidelines  ... 'etched in firm jello' if you will.

Band      Cost (GBP)  [b]Conversion[/b]
2Kg        £ 26.28      $40.47
2  - 5kg   £ 34.00      $52.35
5  - 10kg  £ 47.00      $72.37
10 - 15kg  £ 62.00      $95.47
15 - 25kg  £ 84.50     $130.12

If you’ve got an order that falls just into the next band (say 15.2kg…)let me know and I’ll try to get a better quote.  What items are you interested in? 
Best regards,
Kirk H Burwell
Hemingway Kits
Thanks given by: EdK
Hi Arvidj 

What kit did you have in mined ?  most are just made from common bar stock you could probably source locally   . 

Rob 
Thanks given by:
(02-15-2015, 08:28 AM)RobWilson. Wrote: Hi Arvidj 

What kit did you have in mined ?  most are just made from common bar stock you could probably source locally   . 

Rob 

Rob,

I had several kits in mind.

I agree that it could be sourced locally for less but if the shipping were reasonable then the 'one stop shop, including the plans and possibly build guidelines' might be worth the extra fees.

Arvid
Thanks given by:
OK Arvid

What ones do you have in mined ? speak up ! I could possible have the drawings and could let you have them . As everything on there site is from model engineer or home workshop mag.

Regards Rob
Thanks given by:
Those rates don't surprise me. We get hit like that shipping from the states to the northern Colonies. Then through brokerage fees on top, can't imagine what they'd be like if we didn't have free trade.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(02-15-2015, 09:19 AM)RobWilson. Wrote: OK  Arvid

What ones do you have in mined ?  speak up !     I could possible have the drawings and could let you have them . As everything on there site is from model engineer or home workshop  mag.

Regards Rob

Rob,

I do find the shipping costs to be a show-stopper but I also did not want to ask anyone to violate copyright restrictions.

But if someone could provide references to where I could find drawings or information about these, I would appreciate it:

http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/Gr..._Tool.html

http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/Sw..._Post.html

http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/Re...older.html

Thanks,
Arvid
Thanks given by:
Hi Arvid

Give me a couple of days ,should be no problem .

Rob
Thanks given by:
That graduating tool looks interesting. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
I've had my eye on that retractable tool holder for a few years now.
Thanks given by:
For the retractable tool holder buy George Thomas's book- "The Model Engineers workshop manual". Page 116 onwards- plans, detailed instructions on how to make it, drawings, construction notes etc- It's all there.

Got to admit I bought the kit first then the book but it's very do - able straight from the book.

It's also a damn good read
Thanks given by: