Ar15 Ammunition
This thread is intended to be informational only and if it turns into something else, I will delete it.

The BATF has announced its intent to ban the common 5.56x45 and .223 steel core ammo used by the AR15. I know some of us own such guns, so if you would like to stock up while the ammo still available and before the price skyrockets, now would be the time. I ordered two cases last night at 32 cents a round from Palmetto Arms. It won't be at that price for long.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Tom, are you talking about M855?  17428 

Palmetto is showing out of stock....
Willie
Thanks given by:
Yes Willie the M855 is specifically what they are after, but I'm willing to bet that the price of all 5.56/.223 ammo will rise as a result. I'm not going to get caught with my pants down like I did with the last ammo panic. Here's a link to the article:

BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Tom, your link isn't working. But yes, I know what you are talking about. What I was trying to ask is which ammo did you order? I can't find any "in-stock" M855 on Palmetto's site.  Chin 

By the way, "they" are saying they are putting an end to manufacturing any of your own firearms as well.......  Blink

ATF Ruling 2015-1
Willie
Thanks given by:
(02-15-2015, 01:08 PM)Highpower Wrote: ...By the way, "they" are saying they are putting an end to manufacturing any of your own firearms as well.......  Blink

ATF Ruling 2015-1

I don't want to start a discussion on gun control or the second amendment but I am curious as to what this actually means to the projects that Tom, Dave (dallen) and fix currently have on the go? Can these be projects be completed? If so, can they be used or would they need to be rendered inoperable and hung on the wall for "show and tell" purposes only?

I actually did wonder when seeing the number of people who are building their own firearms as to whether these have to be tested by a licensed gun smith or registered?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(02-17-2015, 09:31 PM)Mayhem Wrote: I actually did wonder when seeing the number of people who are building their own firearms as to whether these have to be tested by a licensed gun smith or registered?

Darren, the BATFE (ATF) has allowed unlicensed individuals to build their own firearms in the US (for their personal use only) for many years. Probably dates back to the Gun Control Act of 1968. No testing, registration or serial numbers required.

This latest ruling means that individuals cannot utilize any business owned machine tools, including gun dealers / gunsmiths or regular machine shops to make a frame or receiver even if you do the work yourself. Any machine work to complete a firearm frame or receiver at a place of business or by anyone that makes a living doing machine work in their garage etc., that is not a "licensed firearms manufacturer" is now verboten.

If you have your own machines but don't use them for a source of income, then an individual is OK ..... for now....
I won't go any farther. Smiley-nono
Willie
Thanks given by: Mayhem