Welding Helmet Woes
I dug out my welding helmet in anticipation of doing some welding this weekend and the headset had broken. I'm not sure why it broke just sitting in a box all winter but it did. I like this helmet a lot and it has real good specs so I'm certainly bummed about it. There are no replacement parts available for it so I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a helmet that I can get replacement parts for. I ended up ordering one of these Lincoln helmets from Amazon to be delivered this Saturday. It cost me an extra $9 for Saturday delivery but I thought it was worth it so I can do the welding I want to get done this weekend.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M8J5...ge_o00_s00

The one thing I wish the Lincoln helmet had which the Northern Tools helmet does have is solar power with battery backup. The Lincoln only has battery power. I just need to make sure I have a few new batteries around just in case.

I think I'll try duct taping the headset on the Northern Tools helmet as an interim fix while I wait for the new one to arrive.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Nice helmet. I especially like the large lens.
Thanks given by: EdK
(06-04-2015, 08:34 PM)arvidj Wrote: Nice helmet. I especially like the large lens.

Yup, I thought the Northern Tools helmet had a large viewing area, and it does, but the Lincoln is even larger. Good for old farts with questionable vision.  Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
How are the numbers? Response time good?
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
I only got my first auto helmet last year, can't believe I waited so long. That looks like a goodun.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 09:39 PM)Vinny Wrote: How are the numbers?  Response time good?

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/Equ...lectric%29
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 08:16 PM)EdK Wrote: ...The one thing I wish the Lincoln helmet had which the Northern Tools helmet does have is solar power with battery backup...

Are you planning to weld somewhere other than in MN Ed??
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
The numbers look good Ed.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Nice helmet
I still use my old "speed glass"
As well as a mid range R-Tech
Thanks given by: EdK
(06-05-2015, 04:17 PM)Vinny Wrote: The numbers look good Ed.

The same numbers that my Northern Tool helmet has. But the Lincoln has a grind mode which my Northern Tool does not. By the way, there may still be some hope for my Northern Tool helmet. The current helmet which mine is the predecessor of has replacement headgear available. Going by the pictures on Northern's web site, it looks like it might fit my helmet.

Ed
Thanks given by: