A job for Ken ( Walter tooling)
Hi Ken  Big Grin

Your just the bloke to help out here , you having Walter tolling OCD in all  Ouch . 

I have a few boxes of these here tips ,,,,,,,,,,,,

[Image: P1080959_zps1yq2kspj.jpg]
[Image: P1080960_zps2sicotkx.jpg]

,,,,,,,,,,,,,What tool holder do do the fit  ?   Chin ,,,,,,,,,I have had them for yonks and have never come across what tooling they fit .

Thanks in advance Rob 
Thanks given by:
Hey Rob u weren't callin me out were ya?

Little confused with the post wasn't sure if ya were saying or asking? sorry most folks call me Kenny v
anyways those their inserts don't look that odd .They do look like they will fit a boring bar Pos an Index mill cutter . Measure that there hole see what size screw look at insert charts from Kentamedal, Sanvic , Valinite (sp) . you may come across style/ tool that looks like a fit .Other than that make bor bar to fit em,,, Just an Idea .
Thanks given by:
I think Rob meant Ken[PixMan]
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2015, 03:56 PM)DaveH Wrote: I think Rob meant Ken[PixMan]
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Hi Kenny 17428 , Dave is correct , the question is for Ken as he is a big Walter tool user .

Rob
Thanks given by:
Wink 
Tongue
(06-06-2015, 04:07 PM)RobWilson. Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 03:56 PM)DaveH Wrote: I think Rob meant Ken[PixMan]
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Hi Kenny 17428 , Dave is correct , the question is for Ken as he is a big Walter tool user .

Rob

aight ?  didn't think so..... thought maybe u were tryin to raffle of those inserts ;)
 yea we all a little OCD  thought u were callin me names lol....  Btw whats a Bloke ?
Thanks given by:
On the other side of the pond that's what they sometimes refer to a guy as, like on this side of the pond we sometimes use the term dude.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Rob,

Thanks for asking! Those are inserts for a Walter indexable insert DRILL in the 26 to 30mm diameter range.

The catalog number for the drill series is B321x, and that last digit can be 2, 3 or 4 depending upon the diameter to length ratio.

The drill bodies are long discontinued in favor of the newer B421x series/style. However, there are a LOT of those drill bodies to be found on eBay for short money. Over here those drills were sold by the Waukesha Tool Company of Waukesha WI and sold as Waukesha "Cor-Bor 501" drills. Over in Europe, Walter Tool sold them as Walter "Novex Stardrill" products. The success of those drills in both markets is what eventually led to Walter Tool of Germany to buy Waukesha Tool and merge the companies. Walter indexable milling cutters were sold here for a short time under the Waukesha name, then it became "Walter Waukesha" and now simply Walter Tool.

Would you have a machine capable of driving a drill that uses perhaps 4HP in a mild steel? If you send me links to eBay auctions before bidding or buying, I can use my old catalogs to verify the inserts you have will fit. The WTL71 grade is great for steels, also works in cast iron. Could handle stainless at reduced speeds.

Hope this helps.

Ken
Thanks given by:
Hi Ken ,,,,,,,,,,,,, cheers for the info ,big help . 

What you have told me is they are  of no f*^cking use to me  Slaphead    Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl   ,  must of had them sitting in the back of the draw for years . 

Are they of any use to you Ken ?  free , zip ,nowt yours if you want them  Smile  .

Rob 
Thanks given by:
You could make yourself some cuff links Rob Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
No use to me either, but thank you for the kind offer.

You really don't need a lot of HP to run one and it's fun to set up a lathe and plow a big hole. Here's a couple examples of the tools:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vollbohrer-Wen...2596ffff9c
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USED-WAUKESHA-...4d3075a53f
Thanks given by: