Rotary table storage box
Hi,
I thought I would post these up as it may give others ideas.
I was given a heap of ply off from the son in law that he got from his works (pallet/crate company) so I made a heap of boxes last year for my 10 inch rotary table, chucks, face plates etc. It is something I have wanted for years but never got around to it. After getting a load of ply I needed to use it up to get it out of the way, LOL.

They only started off to be simple ply boxes glued/nail gunned together to keep the rust off the gear and I used hardware I had laying around for years. After some thought I decided to paint them to seal it up with grey house paint I had. After sanding/priming it took 3 coats to make them look anything, did I say I hate house enamel, LOL
I sealed the inside with PVA glue water down 75/25, which went on much easier than the paint.
It is on caster wheels so it can be stored away easy.

[Image: Picture2486Large.jpg]

For the inside I used 3 layer of different thickness ply to build it up. Some parts needed to be routed for extra depth. I put a few finger holes in to be able to get things out.

[Image: Picture2488Large.jpg]

Here the dividing plates etc are in, the sub plate match's all the chucks I own,

[Image: Picture2490Large.jpg]

And everything in and finished. I added the chains to stop the lid ripping the hinges off.

[Image: Picture2492Large.jpg]

The sliding compartment in the lid is for the instructions and other rotary table related paper work. It fits a A4 sheet with room to spare.

[Image: Picture2494Large.jpg]

Dave
Thanks given by: EdK
Dave,

Wow, turned out to be great storage box. Very nicely painted.:)

DaveH
Thanks given by:
Thanks Dave, it has turned out good because I no longer have to find a place to put it and trying to keep the oil on and the rust off.
Highly recommended for any size rotary table.

Dave
Thanks given by:
That is AWESOME Dave! Cool

A place for everything, and everything it it's place.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Wow! Nice storage box Dave. I need to make one of those for my Phase II 8" rotary table. Thanks for the idea.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Nice work Dave. Being handy with a router is always a good thing!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys
Mayhem, they are only cut with the jigsaw. There are 3 layers of different thickness ply all glued together. Sort of like making gaskets and gluing them together. I did end up routering the bottom board to get a bit extra depth and a finger hole, but I could have just used 4 layers instead.

Dave
Thanks given by:
Love it,
I've got a CNC router 2/3 built and I now see my first fun job, of course the real work is queued up already so...
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
(07-13-2016, 08:14 PM)Rickabilly Wrote: Love it Dave,
I've got a CNC router 2/3 built and I now see my first fun job, of course the real work is queued up already so...
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
very nice and demonstrating a high level of craftsmanship.   Thumbsup
Thanks given by: