Help Help w/ Pm932 motor wiring or PM 220V
Posting this Q  Hoping to get a quick reply .
Recently purchased my PM932PDF  had some issues with start/ Run capacitor in one that crapped out . One actually exploded / leaked . Anyways was sent a new cap installed  than (both)  and isolated that indeed it was now the motor itself . I had a rumble rattle sound internally which prob overloaded the  run cap.
Well Long story short Matt sent out new motor on Friday . Last night carefully marked all wiring from old to new . Hooked up  Motor works great  back up and running . (So I thought so) . As soon as I tried reverse blew the breaker .  Looked over re inspected my wiring sequence cant see where I went wrong . I do suspect maybe  one wire is not the same position from old to new wiring terminal  block.
I thought I was 100% when  marked em but now im at a hault not gona guess need to know exact positions of motor wires to terminal block.

The motor to terminal block are the ones in question.  If they are  correct than I must assume the factory wiring to terminal block my be incorrect for reverse counter clock wise position .  Else the factory install of caps But they look  same as original .

If anyone has a 932 Mill or motor box with same similar wiring block Please have a quick look and reply otherwise im at a stand still till I get this sorted out from PM . Thanks guys

Here is an actual pic because the manual shows a dif pic of terminal block Ok there are 2 black and 2 red wires coming into motor box  and one ground. The leads are marked as followed
Black U1 and U2
Red Z1 and Z2  right now I have Black U1 and U2 wired to terminal block U1 and U2
and Z1 and Z2 motor wires wired to V1 and W2  Note:  ( thats the way it was wired on old motor)
doesn't make sense BC the  factory installed internal motor wire is installed on W1 lead??

Now as far as terminal block they are marked
From Top 3 positions from  L to -R are (  W1 V1 U1)
the bottom 3  positions L to R are           (V2 U2 W2)
see pics for reference  someone please be kind enough to have a look  if ya have the time  
TIA
Kenny v
Thanks given by:
I duuno why but could not attach in OP.. havin fun today Bash

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Maybe this will help:

http://www.kenworthproducts.co.uk/acatal...0phase.pdf
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2015, 02:38 PM)Vinny Wrote: Maybe this will help:

http://www.kenworthproducts.co.uk/acatal...0phase.pdf
thanks Vinny But has dif terminal block config this post does as far a same term block with start/ run cap
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/n...task.2696/

same term block but DOES not give SHOW the internal wiring for motor
in fact the inside cover comes with a diag that does not match or make sense ..I suspect one thing is off Cuz motor works fine in CW However CCW interrupts ( shorts) the circuit
Thanks given by:
You're a patient man. I'd have shipped it back for a refund by now. They should send a tech out. You're not an electrician; they are putting you at risk with this.

The wiring schematic looks correct (other than being upside down and to me, unfamiliar designations like W2, U2, and V2 don't help) but mainly the wiring itself is sloppy and I can't see what is what. One thing that bothers me is the green wire apparently hooked to the red. That's a ZAP! in most cases. Green is ground. If that is correct, count yourself lucky the whole machine wasn't HOT and looking for a victim to kill.
Thanks given by:
How is it wired now, like the diagram on the plate?
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2015, 02:54 PM)Sunset Machine Wrote: You're a patient man. I'd have shipped it back for a refund by now. They should send a tech out. You're not an electrician; they are putting you at risk with this.

The wiring schematic looks correct (other than being upside down and to me, unfamiliar designations like W2, U2, and V2 don't help) but mainly the wiring itself is sloppy and I can't see what is what. One thing that bothers me is the green wire apparently hooked to the red. That's a ZAP! in most cases. Green is ground. If that is correct, count yourself lucky the whole machine wasn't HOT and looking for a victim to kill.

im fine I know the doos and donts and am not goin to guess .I have the old I have the new but im guess term box was prewired incorrect from control box... that's just a guess but im not gona guess and hook my W1 to Z1 like it looks like it should be . thanks for understanding
lol.. pl don't let me explain .. yure way off with colors esp with 220V lil hint short rebuke but that's ok I forgive ya for not understanding thats why I asked for some one to open motor elect box and CONFIRM . now the green blue yellow wires are COMMING FROM THE CONTROL BOX im dealing with 2 black and 2 red wires and 2 caps start and run
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2015, 12:37 PM)Kennyv Wrote: Now as far as terminal block they are marked
From Top 3 positions from  L to -R are (  W1 V1 U1)
the bottom 3  positions L to R are           (V2 U2 W2)
see pics for reference  someone please be kind enough to have a look  if ya have the time  
TIA
Kenny v

W2 (bottom right) should have two cap wires,  in the photo it doesn't or is the photo upside down?
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2015, 02:55 PM)Vinny Wrote: How is it wired now, like the diagram on the plate?

look at first pic in original post my pic and the colors represent black and red wires in their position

Now ill try to be clearer in what I wrote

Here is an actual pic because the manual shows a dif pic of terminal block Ok there are 2 black and 2 red wires coming into motor box and one ground. The leads are marked as followed
Black U1 and U2
Red Z1 and Z2

right now I have the Black to U1 and U2 wired to terminal block MARKED U1 and U2
and Red Z1 and Z2 motor wires wired to V1 and W2 Note: ( thats the way it was wired on old motor)

doesn't make sense BC the factory wires coming FROM the control box has one wire installed on W1 lead??
something don't jive im not gona spin my wheels . Im not a novice but , don't claim to expert either the sticker on inside of power box shows caps wired altogether dif anyways .

If someone WITH Similar term block and 220V Single phase motor would have a look it will be settled once and for all . Smile
Thanks given by:
The motor plate in your pic above. Is it from the new motor or old?
Thanks given by: