Ace Tool Set
In a shop of my size, where stuff is pile on top of stuff, on top of stuff, etc, etc, you end up not remembering everything you have stashed away, in obstructed drawers. I was looking for a boring bar attachment, I rediscovered an Ace Tool set, made by Armstrong, of lathe tool bit holders. I've used the knurler, once, with the QCTP on the lathe, its use is nil, hence the exile to the drawer. It belong to my Grandfather, so I'll never part with it, but will probably never use it (I don't even own a lantern post tool holder).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

jack
Thanks given by:
Very nice, Jack.
I used to have a similar set with the Armstrong name on it.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Very nice set Jack, have some of my uncles tools that will never be parted with either.
Notice one of the tools is a rotatable cutter for threading, or at least i think thats what they are. All you would have to do is dress the top to sharpen it, the profile would always be there.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(03-18-2016, 10:13 AM)f350ca Wrote: Very nice set Jack, have some of my uncles tools that will never be parted with either.
Notice one of the tools is a rotatable cutter for threading, or at least i think thats what they are. All you would have to do is dress the top to sharpen it, the profile would always be there.

somewhere in the inventory, I'll have to start a search, I have about a dozen of those cutter inserts.
jack
Thanks given by:
Nice set. I am looking for one of those threading tools, not that I would use it, I just want one to compplete the set of lantern tool holders I have.
Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
Thanks given by: