Flat Belt Drill Press
Finally had a bit of time to edit this video, in from the heat and cleaning up the father in laws tool hoard.

Picked this up last week, I like drill presses, not sure what I'll do with this once I spruce it up.

Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
Thanks given by:
i believe the square hole is for a belt tensioner. on a line shaft the shaft is always turning, tensioner will allow u to turn it off and on
Thanks given by:
I love vintage machinery like that. Are you going to set up an overhead belt drive for it? Big Grin

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2016, 08:17 AM)TomG Wrote: I love vintage machinery like that. Are you going to set up an overhead belt drive for it? Big Grin

Tom

I am seriously thinking about setting up something overhead to drive it. Just for the fun of it. Anyone know where I can get another belt cheap? Once I know what length I could get then I can build the overhead system. My ceilings are 10'-6" but I could put it against a wall and have a motor placed above at any height.
Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
Thanks given by:
I bought the flat belt for my Logan on ebay. They make it to the length you specify. The ebay seller is validusgroup. A tractor dealer should also be able to make one to your specs.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: schor