Phone Call
I called Puerto Rico, this morning, talked to my ex-BIL, I told him I want his company to process an order for me. I shall see if he can swing it. They deal with a company in South Korea, that sells HSS end mills, sold and packaged to be marketed as a house brand, for an industrial supplier. I used up most of the "samples" I bought over the last couple of years. Apparently they sell a "starter inventory" of 1000 end mills in various sizes, 1/8" to 1/2", in 2 and 4 flutes, ball end  and rougher mills, to be sold to their local distributors. I want to order/purchase a "starter inventory".

The company he works for, sells mainly in the Caribbean, Mexico, along with parts of Central and South America, they are not chartered(suppose to) to sell in the US, so I'm looking into a cash sale in San Juan or other options. His boss isn't too keen on the idea, but I'm hoping the ex-BIL will sway him.

Rough estimates put my cost at about $1500-2500, plus FedEx from Puerto Rico.
jack
Thanks given by:
That certainly sounds like you're using your time wisely. Going to fill a lot of tool holders I'd say, hmm how many set screws you have on order ?   

Chin

greg
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
(11-08-2016, 11:17 PM)the penguin Wrote: Rough estimates put my cost at about $1500-2500, plus FedEx from Puerto Rico.

That would be a sweet deal.  Hope it comes to fruition. Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
My intent will be to sell off what I feel, I do not need (hence the owners major concern). As the US is not their market, I'm not sure, why there is any concern. We shall see.

For years, they have resisted selling me tools and equipment (mills, lathes, vises and other big items), but on numerous occasions sent cutting tools (mills, inserts, indexable tools, etc).

At times resisting selling to me, then other times, seeking me out. Now the shoe is on the other foot, I'm seeking them out.
jack
Thanks given by:
Please count me in as a buyer if that goes your way..

greg
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by: