November Is Calibration Month
Its that time of year, for me, November is calibration month. As such, so far I had the shoulder recalibrated, I had 6 of the ratcheting electrical end crimpers calibrated at $10/ea, the O2 analyzer was sent out for calibration/certification, about $250, 3 of the 4 Fluke meters went out for calibration/certification at about $25/ea and on Monday morning, I'm sending the out the 10 gas pressure manometers (about $20/ea) and the 4, 4-20 ma power sources to be calibrated/certified (about $30/ea). So were looking at roughly $700 in calibration and certification fees, that is no parts need replacing, for the equipment to meet the requirements.

I also have to pay all fees and testing cost, to keep the certs I need, so I can continue to fill out the official paperwork for the required governing bodies.

luckily for the GNAP, he doesn't have to shoulder the calibration and other fees, the company pays them. The other 8 servicemen, also have the same requirements, all coming due, at different times of the year. We also have to have certified copies of the certification paperwork, to hand in over the year on the jobs we do, with all of the serial numbers, model numbers and testing dates.

All part of the cost of doing business.

In January, I have to renew all of the OSHA requirements (LOTO, confined space, the 40 hour refresher course, etc, etc). Then in February, its the liability insurance review.
jack
Thanks given by: