Power hacksaw's are cool
I had never seen a power hacksaw in person before and I noticed this at a local auction and had to have it. Needs a little work but I was able to get it cutting and I'll probably just tune it up, lube it real well and clean it leaving original paint and patina. I think it's cool watching it run and seemed to cut well with an old blade in it, so should work great with a decent blade.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I just picked one up myself a couple of weeks ago. I remember my father had one in his shop. It was a lot bigger and it was just as much fun to watch then as it is now. Actually the first machine he instructed me to operate.
Thanks given by:
I have a 4" x 6" Keller, much like a shaper fun to watch, but slower than cold molasses. The cut quality is better than most of the bandsaws, I've seen, just gawd awful slow.
jack
Thanks given by:
They are cool, I had one and liked it but it was slow, didn't help that the guy I bought it off also had the blade the wrong way and I used it like that for a few times before I really knew what I was doing with it. Fun machines to watch. I did eventually sell mine after I got a horizontal band saw.
Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
Thanks given by:
That's a neat little hacksaw you've acquired. It appears to have about a 6" or 7" capacity, and I like the fact that its a bench model. Here in the UK I've only seen the large industrial size machines. I have a Milwaukee porta band, but it sure would be nice to find a small old school saw like yours so I could flip a switch and go do something else while the saw does its thing.

Yeah, nice find there Dozer.   Thumbsup
Mike
Thanks given by: