stiky stuff
hi all just a tip on super glue activator rather than by the expensive stuff you can yous methylated spirits in a atomizer bottle that's the type of bottle that is self propelled ie they don't have a gas in them you wife may have sum as perfume bottles a ply the glue then give it a sqert and it will go off
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hi
Bob
I will give it a try67996799
All i seem to be able to glue is oily fingersBashBash
John
Thanks given by:
Bob,

Useful tip Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Another "tip"... Always wear nitrile/latex gloves when working with CA glues. I've found it much easier to remove latex than it is skin from a project. Blush

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:
(05-28-2012, 03:07 PM)ScrapMetal Wrote: Another "tip"... Always wear nitrile/latex gloves when working with CA glues. I've found it much easier to remove latex than it is skin from a project. Blush

-Ron

Stick with the nitrile, they are much better quality than the latex. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
I use the blue nitrile gloves at work
I once made the mistake of welding with them on
They turn in to nasty stuff when they melt
John
Thanks given by:
For US and Canadian users, "methylated spirits" is denatured alcohol. I have heard that a sodium bicarbonate dusting will catalyze an instant bonding, can anyone confirm?
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2012, 10:51 PM)videoman Wrote: For US and Canadian users, "methylated spirits" is denatured alcohol. I have heard that a sodium bicarbonate dusting will catalyze an instant bonding, can anyone confirm?

Confirmed. Arm & Hammer baking soda is the shizzle.... Big Grin
(Alkaline)

Willie
Willie
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2012, 10:51 PM)videoman Wrote: For US and Canadian users, "methylated spirits" is denatured alcohol. I have heard that a sodium bicarbonate dusting will catalyze an instant bonding, can anyone confirm?

When your methylated spirits or sodium bicarbonate is just out of reach and you cannot put down your just glued project, try spit http://metalworkingfun.com/images/smilies/bleh.gif
I have used various commercial iso-cyante glues in shops I have worked in and saliva always worked when the commercial kicker was out of reach. Liberally lick your finger then quickly and lightly (so as not to bond your finger to the work) swipe over the glue-line. It should set in a second or two.
Thanks given by:
Well at least you can not misplace your spit Smiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenana
I will have to try that
John
Thanks given by: