ZORO.com
I'm getting tired of "suppliers" that don't actually stock any inventory. I've been left empty handed by ZORO a few times already. This time I ordered a couple of CK (Germany) very thin wire strippers at $100 each. That was a month ago, and I get an email today saying they don't know if or when they will ever get them. So why the hell are you even listing them for sale when you don't have any!!!???

I didn't want the Chinese knockoff's offered on Amazon but it looks like that will be my only option now. I canceled the ZORO order rather than waste any more time hoping for something that may never come. Ridiculous.
Willie
Thanks given by:
It is ridiculous for sure! I've ordered once from Zoro, quite some time ago. Now I won't bother ever doing that again.

Ed
Thanks given by:
It's not just them. I ordered tools from eBay last Wednesday, and they were supposed to be delivered on Friday or Saturday. Perfect for this weekend.

They emailed me on Friday saying parts were out of stock. Well, crap. Sure, you refunded me, but now I have to reorder from someone else, and they won't be here until next week.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
I just had a similar experience with Amazon. The listing said it would ship in 5 days. I could live with that, especially at the price. Seems the vendor was good at quickly creating a USPS shipping label but not so good at actually shipping the item. When questioned about 'when might it ship?', seem as though the were out-of-stock and were waiting for restock to arrive. Cancelled the order and paid a little more but had it In-hand from Microcenter a few hours later.

Tried to save a little money and save a drive, but it didn't work put.
Thanks given by:
That's happening everywhere. I see it on ebay quite often. That infamous "shipping partner" makes me cringe every time I see it. Sometimes it means it's going to the post office, others you're waiting for the product to arrive from China. For me, if it takes more than 2 days to get to the post office, their shipping stars are ONE and the feedback makes strong mention of that dreaded slower than a seven year itch "shipping partner".
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(05-14-2023, 08:39 PM)arvidj Wrote: I just had a similar experience with Amazon. The listing said it would ship in 5 days. I could live with that, especially at the price. Seems the vendor was good at quickly creating a USPS shipping label but not so good at actually shipping the item. When questioned about 'when might it ship?', seem as though the were out-of-stock and were waiting for restock to arrive. Cancelled the order and paid a little more but had it In-hand from Microcenter a few hours later.

Tried to save a little money and save a drive, but it didn't work put.

We get that a LOT here from Amazon. That is their way of preventing you from cancelling an order after it's placed. First they say they can't cancel the order because it's already been "shipped". Then after the order is several days late, they can't cancel it because the "window" for canceling or requesting a refund has passed. Finally they will send you a "sorry it's late" notice - then tell you you have to wait another 3 days before you can ask for a refund again! Bash

Ebay and Paypal play the same game too. As soon as a shipping label has been "printed" (which is normally done as soon as the order is placed) it is considered "shipped".
Willie
Thanks given by:
Oh, for frogs snacks!!!  Rant

I called them a couple days ago and told them to cancel the entire order. As I was typing out my reply above I got another email. It looks like they magically found ONE of the strippers after I canceled and immediately decided to bill my PayPal account for it! Thank goodness I haven't already ordered the knock off versions from Amazon. I will definitely avoid doing business with these jokers in the future.  Sadno

Quote:Subject:
Your Zoro Order #SOxxxxxxxx Has Shipped
"Zoro" <zoro@e.zoro.com>
Date:
5/15/2023
To:
<highpower>

Zoro
Shipping Confirmation
  Fast, Free Shipping. See How.  
zoro.com
My Account Hot Buys Hand Tools
Here's Your Order Status:
Order Details
  Order Number: SOxxxxxxxx  
  Order Date: 4/26/2023  

Delivery Method:
Fed Ex Ground
Tracking number:
xxxx xxxx xxxx

Payment Method:
Paypal
$105.33  

Items in this Shipment
98 Wire Stripper 0.3 to 1.0mm
Zoro #: G705629473
Qty: 1

Recommended Products

Customer Service
From People Who Care.
(855) 289-9676
  |  
(855) 329-9676

askzoro@zoro.com
Monday - Friday, 6am to 9pm CT; Saturday, 7am to 5pm CT
Willie
Thanks given by:
At least they sent you something. But do you have the correct wire striper in your hand? We will have to wait for the next report to see how accurate the latest email was.
Thanks given by:
(05-15-2023, 09:10 AM)arvidj Wrote: At least they sent you something. But do you have the correct wire striper in your hand? We will have to wait for the next report to see how accurate the latest email was.

Excellent point Arvid. "Scheduled delivery date" is Friday. We shall see....
Willie
Thanks given by:
It has to be - God hates me. There is no other logical explanation. Either that or Arvid just jinxed me...  Rotfl

The good news: FedEx showed up with a proper Carl Kammerling International Limited tool that Zoro finally had drop shipped from a 3rd-party tool vendor. Unfortunately they - nor anyone else has the one I was really after. (26-36 AWG)

The bad news: I broke down and ordered one of the knock-offs from Amazon that is made in Taiwan. The correct package showed up on my door step the very next day. But have a look at what is inside of that package. What is wrong with this picture?  Bash

I still say God hates me.

Willie
Thanks given by: