Spanner Wrench
This is the spanner wrench I've been using on the two nuts on the left side of the mini lathe head stock. Didn't see that it was cast crooked until yesterday.

The hook on it is too wide anyway so it's barely usable on those two nuts. Another item added to my project list.  Bash

Ed

Thanks given by:
That's a junior politician wrench; only slightly crooked.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
I think I used a couple of cheap ER32 collet wrenches. Chin
Willie
Thanks given by: EdK
Got the hook modeled and 3-D printed. Fits like a glove.  Thumbsup

Ed

Thanks given by:
Time to carve it out of metal.

Ed

Thanks given by:
(06-18-2023, 07:25 PM)EdK Wrote: The hook on it is too wide anyway so it's barely usable on those two nuts. Another item added to my project list.  Bash

Ed

I can't really tell what I'm looking at in the first picture, but it looks like your "new" hook is wider that the original one. 17428
Willie
Thanks given by:
You need to buy a Laser sintering 3D printer so you can go direct to metal. :)
Thanks given by:
(06-21-2023, 02:39 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 07:25 PM)EdK Wrote: The hook on it is too wide anyway so it's barely usable on those two nuts. Another item added to my project list.  Bash

Ed

I can't really tell what I'm looking at in the first picture, but it looks like your "new" hook is wider that the original one.  17428

The original is .375" wide, mine is .25" wide. In my first picture it's the depth from looking at it sideways as is shown in my picture away from you or towards you. Clear as mud?  Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
(06-21-2023, 09:37 PM)EdK Wrote: [ Clear as mud?  Big Grin

Ed

Yup. Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
I guess it was easier to print than to make it out of metal.

C'mon, Ed. We need some updates!
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by: