Rotary Table
I just acquired a new 6 inch, horz/vertical rotary table and now i need
some tooling for it..
Thanks given by:
Hi Knapper,
Let me just say welcome to MetalworkingFun Thumbsup

I think you will need to be a little more specific with regards the "tooling" you require.
There isn't as such a lot of "tooling" for RT's. Are you looking for something to do a specific job. It may help us to understand your request. Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
Dave
Thanks given by:
Well I don't really know what I need because I don't know how to use the darn thing yet?? I need to find a good book on the use of a
Rotary Table and read up on them!! I understand the basic idea but not the specifics of how it is used??
I understand that the disks that have all the holes in them are for different projects that match the degrees of a circle but from there on
is a mystery to me so far..
Now I can put a piece of aluminum plate down on the table and cut an arc but that is about all.. In the "mystery book" I would hope to get
instructions on how to use the T slots to hold down the plate???
As you can see, I am not a machinist but have a new SMITHY Granite series, IMAX 1340.. and want to learn..

Knapper
Thanks given by:
Knapper,

I have moved this thread to "General Metalworking Discussion" the area it was in is more "I want to sell" "I want to buy" specific items. This is a much better place you will get a lot more responses here Thumbsup

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Thanks Dave;
I need all the help I can get.. LOL

I took a class in the lathe and mill of my machine at the local Trade Technical College, here in Salt Lake City, Utah..
Had a good time and DID learn a lot.. Especially, some of the finer points with the lathe..

I really enjoyed the time that we spent on the ART of threading.. That is a lot more complicated than I thought i would be but I do
understand NOW why it is like it is.. Like working with 3 different Diameters on the same piece in the lathe. LOL

Knapper
Thanks given by:
Knapper,

This any use

.pdf   using_a_rotary_table.pdf (Size: 1.29 MB / Downloads: 42)
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave H.

Thank you very much. Even though the directions fit a 4 inch Table.. I will be able to correct it so it will
apply to my 6 inch Table..

Now to sit down and study this very carefully.. Do I dare ask what a set of those dividing plates cost???

Knapper
Thanks given by:
Knapper,

What brand of rotary table do you have?

Ed
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2012, 10:05 AM)knapper Wrote: Well I don't really know what I need because I don't know how to use the darn thing yet?? I need to find a good book on the use of a
Rotary Table and read up on them!! I understand the basic idea but not the specifics of how it is used??
I understand that the disks that have all the holes in them are for different projects that match the degrees of a circle but from there on
Now I can put a piece of aluminum plate down on the table and cut an arc but that is about all.. In the "mystery book" I would hope to get
As you can see, I am not a machinist but have a new SMITHY Granite series, IMAX 1340.. and want to learn..

Knapper

Well congrats on the Smithy 1340 mine is the 110v max not the 220v.

I've been quite happy with mine, what size is your rt mine is an 8". Using holding and clamping systems to secure the work is kind of a learn as you go thing. I have learned a lot here at Metal Working Fun, if you do a little poking around in here you will find lots of good ideas and how too's.

feel free to ask lots of questions.

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2012, 03:55 PM)ETC57 Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 10:05 AM)knapper Wrote: Well I don't really know what I need because I don't know how to use the darn thing yet?? I need to find a good book on the use of a

Knapper

ETC57 what brand is your rotary table and where did you pick it up at, reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of getting a bigger one for my mill.

DA
Quote:Well congrats on the Smithy 1340 mine is the 110v max not the 220v.

I've been quite happy with mine, what size is your rt mine is an 8". Using holding and clamping systems to secure the work is kind of a learn as you go thing. I have learned a lot here at Metal Working Fun, if you do a little poking around in here you will find lots of good ideas and how too's.

feel free to ask lots of questions.

Jerry.Popcorn
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by: