Cheap Chinese Motor
well I guess it had to happen and it couldn't of happened to a better guy.

The motor on my ZX 45 same as a RF45 mill burned out or one of the winding is about to give up the ghost. Anyway the smoke that the manufacture put in it is coming out.

So its off to the motor store to see if I can find one that will fit.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
DA,
Sorry to hear that, Slaphead have you tried putting the smoke back in? Popcorn
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(09-18-2012, 01:41 PM)dallen Wrote: well I guess it had to happen and it couldn't of happened to a better guy.

The motor on my ZX 45 same as a RF45 mill burned out or one of the winding is about to give up the ghost. Anyway the smoke that the manufacture put in it is coming out.

So its off to the motor store to see if I can find one that will fit.

DA

There are members that have upgraded to a 3 phase motor and may be willing to sell you their 1 phase motor or you might consider upgrading to a 3 Phase motor and VFD.
henryarnold, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
I have the original motor from my Enco RF-45 clone that you're welcome to but shipping will be a killer.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-18-2012, 03:41 PM)EdK Wrote: I have the original motor from my Enco RF-45 clone that you're welcome to but shipping will be a killer.

Ed

what size is the shaft on your single phase motor Ed, I know that the mills are almost identical, shipping will be cheaper then a new motor,

sucks it won't fit in a flat rate box, I received an 8 inch bison lathe chuck that way once had to go to the post office to get it

but I guess that depends on what you would want for your motor.

Thanks given by:
Have any electric motor shops nearby? I was looking into having a stator dipped and baked at a local shop here, and found they were very reasonably priced if I stripped the motor down myself and brought the stator to them.

Maybe you could get your original re-wound in the same manor. Just a thought..... Chin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(09-18-2012, 04:00 PM)dallen Wrote:
(09-18-2012, 03:41 PM)EdK Wrote: I have the original motor from my Enco RF-45 clone that you're welcome to but shipping will be a killer.

Ed

what size is the shaft on your single phase motor Ed, I know that the mills are almost identical, shipping will be cheaper then a new motor,

sucks it won't fit in a flat rate box, I received an 8 inch bison lathe chuck that way once had to go to the post office to get it

but I guess that depends on what you would want for your motor.

DA,

The shaft is 19mm.

Ed
Thanks given by:
mine measures .746

DA

Thanks given by:
19mm=.74803
Thanks given by:
It's a match Smiley-dancenana Smiley-dancenana Smiley-dancenana
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: