MetalworkingFun Forum
Dumpster Dive Results - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Dumpster Dive Results (/thread-2076.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Dumpster Dive Results - mike-sid - 03-15-2015

(03-15-2015, 07:16 PM)Mayhem Wrote: Any Vauxhall/Opel Z19TD engine parts in there by any chance...

Only a complete new top end Rotfl

RE: Dumpster Dive Results - dallen - 03-15-2015

(03-15-2015, 06:57 PM)mike-sid Wrote: They are gloss black. Must be my flash. I've seen several new car motor parts in the dumpster . I asked once and was told, not needed or wrong parts ordered so after a while they toss em.

the seat cover may of faked out the camera

RE: Dumpster Dive Results - Dr Stan - 03-15-2015

any ideas what these can be used for?

How about listing them on Craig's List?

RE: Dumpster Dive Results - RobWilson - 03-16-2015

Hi Lads  Big Grin

A wee bit of recycling today at work , I had to make safe and scrap off a customers machine today , always fun to do and you you just dont no what you may fined . 

Well I ended up with this lot .

[Image: P1080687_zpssu0ybqj6.jpg]
[Image: P1080689_zpsynwbe8je.jpg]

Not bad when its cut into handy lengths , it was being used as ballast . I will turn it into tool holders and other work holding devices  like these .

[Image: P1040375.jpg]
[Image: P1040320.jpg]

Fabricated from steel plate 

Rob  Popcorn

RE: Dumpster Dive Results - EdK - 03-16-2015

Nice haul Rob!

Do you have a surface grinder or is that your shiny metal camera at work again. Big Grin

Oh, and I almost forgot. You Suck

Ed

RE: Dumpster Dive Results - f350ca - 03-16-2015

That deserves a tremendous you suck Rob. What a find.

RE: Dumpster Dive Results - hermetic - 03-16-2015

The luck some people have.................It meks me badly!
Nice haul Rob, but you made the Keats and the angle plate, surely?
Phil[Image: you%20suck.gif]

RE: Dumpster Dive Results - RobWilson - 03-17-2015

Hi Lads , 

Yes I did make the angle and Keats style plates , welded construction  Smile 

Rob 

RE: Dumpster Dive Results - PixMan - 03-17-2015

I love the look of that angle plate! The only thing I would have done differently would be to leave that top edge square on both sides because I might need to have a clamp right up near the top and would need that square to have a firm clamping area. Yours appears to have a big chamfer on the back side. Is that another optical delusion of mine?

RE: Dumpster Dive Results - RobWilson - 03-17-2015

(03-17-2015, 02:01 PM)PixMan Wrote: I love the look of that angle plate! The only thing I would have done differently would be to leave that top edge square on both sides because I might need to have a clamp right up near the top and would need that square to have a firm clamping area. Yours appears to have a big chamfer on the back side. Is that another optical delusion of mine?

Yer valid point , But as  this angle plate is designed for face plate work ( reason for large rad on short leg )  I would not be using clamps to secure the work ,so no problem there  Big Grin

[Image: Angle%20plates_zpsk1dqppwq.jpg]

Rob