The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Not a product, but a service.
I happened upon a discussion on another forum regarding how to restore the badly deteriorated speedometer face plate on a very old vehicle someone was doing restoration work on. Someone posted a couple of links to places that specialize in this type of work. One of the links was to a place named CAD Graphics, Inc. I checked out the web site and emailed the owner/president with a few questions regarding a dial indicator I wanted to "customize". He replied back a few days later and said he could do the job with a 3 to 4 day turn around.

He charges $5 per instrument if he has to disassemble it to get at the dial face plate, so I took my indicator apart before shipping the parts to be modified. I packaged up the indicator parts and sent them on their way via 2 day priority mail. The flat rate box arrived at its destination 4 days later.

I got the parts back today, again shipped by 2 day priority mail and the return trip took 3 days this time. Not counting the 7 days of transit, they had my indicator in their possession for 10 days. So 17 days total. 3 times the stated turn around.

The new overlays look good and seem to be affixed well to the faceplates. Total cost was $66.95 for two overlays ($27.00 for each part of the dial) and $12.95 postage. They re-used my original flat rate box and packing materials.

I reassembled my bore gauge and it reads as it should now. A few months ago I purchased a new Mitutoyo reverse reading dial gauge to replace this original gauge. But I failed to take my bore gauge apart beforehand to check it out first. Had I done that I would have seen that the gauge used has an 8mm stem on it – not the 3/8" stem that is on the Mitutoyo.   Slaphead

Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Not a product, but a service. - by Highpower - 05-26-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: Not a product, but a service. - by Vinny - 05-26-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Not a product, but a service. - by Highpower - 05-26-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: Not a product, but a service. - by Dr Stan - 05-27-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: Not a product, but a service. - by Highpower - 05-27-2016, 11:22 PM