New Pm 932 Pdf Set Up :)
Smile 
Finally got most of the garage in order to receive the new mill . However still short on room between lathe, tooling shelves, beer / bait fridge. Had to already down one set of shelves. So something may have to go after the mill is all set up . .

Anyway The big day came yesterday when i was at work. ,Last night got home late spent and tired but had 2 big crates in garage waiting for me to cut the bands and dig in . Had my stand all ready to go . And had delivery man place the mill skid directly under the block n tackle hooks. Opened the base first was a smooth slide right over the new mill stand . However 2 mounting holes in X did not line up. Ut Ohh! Btw was given Dims prior to making stand . My guess is the casting that was measured was a nominal 15" center/ center and my base was 15-5/8 on center. O well little set back. soooooo modified mounting holes distance then preceded to mount base on the new stand. .
Rolled the stand/ base out and around and then through garage front door for the lift transition. Made a new lolly to mount b/t ceiling joists and lathe stand bc lathe is now placed in the ole lolly column support used to pick up lathe .All Worked well needed to adjust 2-3 inches for perfect centerline with ceiling Joists.

Next was able to uncrate and lift Mill out.. At that point decided to go over the entire machine. Checked all bolts column mounts and hardware. After initial inspection of most of machine mounted Z column rapid motor ,Table Power table feed ect.. Than I proceed to lift mill and noticed my ole problem.
( Im a again 4-5 inches too short and a day late) Another words need to raise block n tackle up 4-5 inches on the hook . This is to pick up mill high enough to place on mill stand and base together. At that pouint it was 1-2:00 Am so i packed it in for the night . O well tonight ill puter in place. Thats about it for now . Back to my day Job .TTL

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks to be good use of tight spaces. I take it you have a means of lifting the machine onto the base, somehow. It looks to be a little awkward of a shape for "a couple strong hands" to lift, unless there's holes through the base to slip in lifting bars.
Thanks given by:
(08-26-2015, 07:48 PM)PixMan Wrote: Looks to be good use of tight spaces. I take it you have a means of lifting the machine onto the base, somehow. It looks to be a little awkward of a shape for "a couple strong hands" to lift, unless there's holes through the base to slip in lifting bars.
yea thanks always coming up with new adjustments/ ideas to layout work space ..However no more room for any more eqipt less ists a money maker . . next im gona build a slide out bench under table saw . weld, braze, press .
I made an island with a layout bench and table saw . these 2 tables are mobile if need be . everythging else in shop is in place now besides one rolling tooll box cart. wtaed to buy another cart but NO MORE ROOM FOR NUTHIN . My band saw and scooter will go outside if I decide to do big assemble welding or anything else to catch my fancy ect...

ya man NP with the lift ya seen it levitating last night no? ( see next )
Thanks given by:
Well finally eating something and having a cold one....ready to settle down for the night . All went smooth done deal she's in place … raised the chain pull than my buddy called . Spoke to him for an hour as I adjusted Power-feed than hoisted her up and set in place . Bolted down machine to table all with one hand an an ear on the phone. Btw Glad I purchased the chain pull even if I only used it for the 2 machines . Safe and sound Ez breezy . Worse that happened is I laid on my ember burned me back of arm. Well looks like ill need another 5-10 inches with the distance B/T fridge and power feed with table fully extended to left . Gona move fridge over get rid of boxes in corner . Not given up that fridge or downsizing if I dont hafta . Ok thats about it last to do is wire up plug and plug er in. Check out new machine . Thats it for now ….... Of course the mods will come next . Any 932 owners are welcome to chime in .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looking good Kenny ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing like that new machine smell  Big Grin

Rob
Thanks given by:
Looks good Kenny. Glad you were able to get it set up safe and sound. That seems to be the most nerve racking part for me.

Mike.

Thanks given by:
Nice mill Kenny Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
thanks Guys. Thanks Dave, I am happy with its size now after upgrading the PM25. Jmho This mill will serve me well. So far ther are a few things im not Crazy bout but I may be able to modiphy .. so dang used to a Bridgeport and doing things a certain way . Hopefully I can still get there one way or another.
Rob  garage smells like new paint and oil now .. well like a new car the paint smell has faded a bit but its still "new"    Mike I must say that was the easiest part  so far ... Chain pull Hoist and mill stand was the best .Was a breeze .

spend a few Hrs re-tapping aftermkt collets , chasing thread on draw bar ect....
still having issues with B/T collets and Bore of ID of spindle tight fit not able to hand tight with ease w/ thumb.

Quick update on Sat  backed out key way filled cleaned up still issues ..  , wired deburured all collets. . Inspected quill , All collets have been deburded polished and measured to be -.0005-.001 under
i suspect bc spindle is new and collects are new there still may be interference. Maybe need a better worn in taper on collet end.  However tonight i will get inspection mirror and better  loop to see if there is any internal bur and or machine line in the internal diam .

Now on ta  the bad news . On Sat as I was checking collets changing  back forth . 1/2 way through check fit recheck lost the motor on mill .  First started to make noise ,   than seem to loose power.   than  it  officially craped out ..
Now I gots bigger fish to fry. .. owell Guess ill as im waiting for parts / response ill put my saw back  together and work on a lathe project...
Thanks given by:
Well, that sucks.
Thanks given by:
That is a bummer but Matt will take care of you, I'm sure.

Ed
Thanks given by: