Couple of cutters I picked up
I do love a good clearing sale. Spotted a photo of a basket of horizontal milling cutters in the online catalogue for an auction that was on at a very bad time for me- in between 2 14-hour night shifts- but for my sleep deprivation I came away with enough cutters to make my Victoria U2 universal mill a much more useful thing to have around.

There was another box with a couple of dozen more that was still in the back seat of the car when I took these photos, had forgotten about it. These are just the ones with a 1" keyed arbor hole suitable for my machine, there are a pile of others with different hole sizes / no keyway etc that will go to eBay. Quite a satisfactory haul.
Also picked up a 'project' bandsaw that was too cheap to let go.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
You Suck You Suck You Suck

Nice haul there Pete.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Wow!  and the obligatory You Suck
  Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by:
I paid $250 for *one* a couple years back, rare as hen's teeth here.
Wow, what a pile. Smile
Thanks given by:
A very nice haul Pete , you will be well tooled for HZ milling now  Smile 

Rob
Thanks given by:
Nice! You Suck

Ed
Thanks given by:
Yeah, what those guys said.
Thanks given by:
Nice haul, Pete. I got nearly that many when I bought my Victoria U2 a few years back. Those are very capable machines. Do you have the vertical head as well?
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
Hi Mike, yes I have the vertical head, the one with the fixed spindle. I have thus far only used it to cut a couple of keyways and only with the vertical head, as I haven't yet acquired all the components to set it up in horizontal mode. There were a few arbor spacers amongst this lot of cutters, but I still need more, and I don't have the bushings that run in the arbor supports. I'm also going to have to make a driveshaft for the power feed. All good fun of course. I've been contemplating the possibility of making a slotting head for it as well- don't hold your breath waiting to see that though.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
It sounds like you have both arbor supports. Mine only has one, but that hasn't caused any problems.

The power feed shaft on mine may have been a built up one. It looks like a splined shaft with socket-set U-joints welded to the ends. Probably 1/2" drive.
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by: